: 5.9 Accessory Hydraulic pump

pintofarmer
11-16-2007, 12:33 PM
Im looking at using a 6bt out of a bus as a farm feed truck. The allison 545 that i have is not capable of supporting a PTO, so i was looking for other options. I have found info that says the 5.9 is capable of running a hydraulic pump off the front cover accesory. Has anyone done this before or know where i can find a pump? Thanks, AL.

CrewCab59
11-16-2007, 03:07 PM
I have been looking for the P # for some time ,nothing so far.I have some info ,still wait for more.
The pump driven off front cover would be best , the V belts are out there just not as good.
The other one runs off the crank / balancer bolt ran by a short shaft.

The biggest thing is finding one for the right RPM of the engine amd it will run all the time that the engine will be running.

Scott

turbogrin
11-16-2007, 07:34 PM
If you have a few tools you can take apart the allison tranny and install a gear on the shaft so you can slap a pto drive on the side.
They tried to saved a dime or two by not puting a gear in there!!

Your 6bt probably has two pumps hanging off of it already.

One for the power stearing and the other for the hydro brake system!

Larry

pintofarmer
11-16-2007, 09:08 PM
Is the pto gear a simple item to install? a local tranny rebuild company told me that it would cost a couple thousand dollars to rebuild the tranny to support a pto, as in it takes more than installing a gear to drive the pto. But does the pto gear bolt to the converter? Where can a find this gear? I have the knowledge and the tools to remove the tranny and perform such a task.

mongo
11-16-2007, 09:14 PM
I have seen a pump driven off the access. drive on an Ottawa spotter truck, the pump was used to power the hitch hyd. They actualy pick up the trailer to be moved rather then retracting the trailers ground gear. this pump was mounted to an air compressor as well. I do not have any P/N's but willl resurch it. this was on a 12v 6BTA

turbos10
11-25-2007, 08:59 PM
I have one of the gear drive front cover pumps in my shop from my swap. If you need numbers or are interested let me know. It was listed a long time ago on this site with no responce.

pintofarmer
11-25-2007, 09:21 PM
I have one of the gear drive front cover pumps in my shop from my swap. If you need numbers or are interested let me know. It was listed a long time ago on this site with no responce.

Yes, I am very interested in any tag numbers or info on where to find a pump. Are you looking to get rid of yours?

turbos10
11-26-2007, 08:01 PM
Yes, I am very interested in any tag numbers or info on where to find a pump. Are you looking to get rid of yours?

Yes, I am looking to get rid of it. You will have to do the research to see if it will work for you. I really dont know what kind of pressure or volume it will make.....actually, I guess I dont know for sure it is a hydraulic pump, but that was my assumption when I removed it since it has a 3/8" high pressure supply and 3/4" low pressure return. It came on a 93 F700 Ford, but you would probably have the best luck calling cummins. If you need the engine serial let me know. Tag has the following information:

Zahnradfabrik Friedrkhshafen AG
Type - 7674974105
ABR - 1017412 10.92
F3HTZ3A674/AB

PM me if you are interested.