Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

4bt into c150(centurion four door bronco)

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  slawson2000 
#1 ·
I am very interested in a c150 lifted with the 351 (5.8) have the money for it too and i have loved my moms 95 powerstroke and i know the powerstroke is heavy to put on the essentially a f150 frame just need to know how much and how long a 4bt swap would take. I know i can get my hands on a powerstroke complete drive train and suspension from a f350 , just wondering which route i should take

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
a 4bt is already enought to the bronco... it's somehow hard to dictate how long would the swap take, but if you don't have to do too much custom fabrication you can do it in less than a week... using the suspension and driveline from an f350 can help you, and also getting the acessory mounting brackets for a/c compressor and power steering pump would lead to a cleaner-looking setup...

#9 ·
You ask a loaded question. Is it two wheel drive or four? The frames from a half ton and the 3/4 and 1 ton are different. I have a 94 Centurion C350 7.3IDI turbo and also an 87 Bronco. I often dream about a 4BT in the Bronco. I have not built in in my head enough to actually start the swap process, but someday. My C350 is clean and I think a six would be the way to go in it. It is just a larger truck that I demand more out of. You could get the 350 suspension to fit, but it is not a bolt in process. Also there is more to towing capacity than just engine and suspension.

I hope this goes through as I would really like to see details on the engine frame mounts. It seemes every 4BT/F150-Bronco build here did it differently.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.