: Iveco diesel engines

sidssm
02-08-2008, 07:49 PM
Does anyone know anything about these engines? Are they reliable and what did they come? thanks seth

IHWillys
02-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Italian made. I've only seen them in Iveco trucks. There is an engine equivalent in size to 4BT and also in a ~5-6 liter 6 cylinder. Of course they probably have made other engines too these are just the ones I checked out a few years ago. I don't know about reliability or parts availability.

Ken

Dougal
02-09-2008, 03:52 AM
Part of the Fiat group and I think there's another brand name tied up in there too.

gpete
02-09-2008, 02:00 PM
Part of the Fiat group and I think there's another brand name tied up in there too.
Alot of the Ford comercial trucks use Iveco engines over here in England from 1 ton thru tractor trailers they merged the vehicles are called Iveco-Ford very reliable inexpensive trucks

Dougal
02-09-2008, 02:30 PM
Alot of the Ford comercial trucks use Iveco engines over here in England from 1 ton thru tractor trailers they merged the vehicles are called Iveco-Ford very reliable inexpensive trucks

Yes that's it, New-Holland which used be the the Ford/Fiat Industrial/Agricultural branch.

Jongaguy
02-11-2008, 07:21 AM
Hi,
The was a manufacturer here that uses Iveco motors, both the 4l 4cyl and the 6l cyl. They are very similar to the Cummins 6bt in size as well as the power rating, just that the iveco in a bit more longer than the Cummins so just had to settle for a 6bt in my 66'Patrol. Also the Iveco is a lot quiter than the 6bt, as far as the 6cyl versions are concerned, coz i never have heard a 4bt.
Regards,
Bikram

gpete
02-11-2008, 01:03 PM
Hi,
The was a manufacturer here that uses Iveco motors, both the 4l 4cyl and the 6l cyl. They are very similar to the Cummins 6bt in size as well as the power rating, just that the iveco in a bit more longer than the Cummins so just had to settle for a 6bt in my 66'Patrol. Also the Iveco is a lot quiter than the 6bt, as far as the 6cyl versions are concerned, coz i never have heard a 4bt.
Regards,
BikramCan you post some pictures of your patrol with the 6bt

buckwill
02-12-2008, 12:55 PM
theee ivecooo were consossrtium of traucks parts manufacaterers,,,, electrraical systems were one coampany,,, bodies by another,,,, differeant engines transmissiosnss,,fraom differeant caountries,,, if supposedsly to be sold in france,, they had peugueot engines,,,,, germanyyy had deutz aircooled,,the itallian versiaon weree aifo,,,,fiat,,, i have had iveco with five cyalinder and sixx f5L912 and f6L912, with the aifo,ihave seen many in hte yards missing headss,, they were problematic with the alumianaum heads in hte us,usually droppeddd valve seats,,,,may be jsut hard footedd ameraican drivers, buck,,,,alll versiaons were imported heree, with all differeant engnianes, transmissionss,,,

Jongaguy
03-03-2008, 11:45 PM
Sorry for the late reply, but i am currently building the patrol. A huge problem seems to be the gearbox. It is a Nissan 4 speeder with a 7.13 first, used in truck that is a copy of the Dodge M37. The gearbox seems to be some sort of a copied Sm420. I dont know if it will hold up to the Cummins, and i have no choice either, as the Allisons and the Zf heavy duties are just to long to fit in the Patrol. I bought a Ve pump Cummins some while ago but returned it back for the time being. The P-pump Cummins costs the same here, but since i am not going to go above 250hp and 3000rpm(the drivetrain wouldnt take it, and dont have enough space to fit an intercooler,so Egt's will be a problem),i really cannot decide what version to go for. as far as my experiance goes, ive always found that the inline pumps make more noise, and the rotary pumps are more smoother all round. So maybe thats the deciding factor.

bentheir_05
01-16-2009, 11:35 AM
ivecco is actually a form of the cummins. they are made in europe and some of the bigger ones are almost duplicates of the cummins minius some of the outside block accys.

broncoIIman
02-11-2009, 06:32 PM
I have recently got one of the 4.5l versions but i have no clue what i need for a trans. Its going into a bronco 2 an any ideas would be nice.

ash_flat_diesel
02-15-2009, 05:02 PM
There is an Iveco truck in a yard near me. Its hit in the rear, motor & all is still in good shape. The truck looks like a bread truck, its a 6 cylinder no turbo motor with an auto trans. Motor has FIAT cast in the top. I can get motor & trans for $800 if anybody wants it.

daw_two
05-18-2010, 02:05 PM
Anyone else know anything about Fiat diesels?

Clydesdale4x4
05-18-2010, 03:13 PM
F.ix
I.t
A.gain
T.ony....

I jest, I jest.

Dougal
05-18-2010, 03:23 PM
F.ix
I.t
A.gain
T.ony....

I jest, I jest.

Fixing
It
All the
Time

Don't know about their trucks, but the Italians sure know how to make cars fun to drive.

tdart
05-19-2010, 06:06 AM
ivecco is actually a form of the cummins. they are made in europe and some of the bigger ones are almost duplicates of the cummins minius some of the outside block accys.

http://www.4btswaps.com/forum/showthread.php?9502-3-cylinder-cummins

This is an Iveco motor.

mixmaster
05-19-2010, 03:56 PM
Well, I'll kick the cat. They are junk. I was an Izuzu/Iveco/Mitsubishi-Fuso machanic for ten years back in the 80s. Now mabey a lot has change but all three sucked. The isuzu was the best by far. Perhaps in the lastn 30 years they got better. Just my opinion..MM

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
05-21-2010, 10:34 PM
if supposedsly to be sold in france,, they had peugueot engines

are you crazy??? iveco trucks NEVER were avaliable with peugeot engines... iveco was a merging of fiat, alfa romeo and lancia trucks divisions and magirus-deutz...

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
05-21-2010, 10:40 PM
maybe some iveco trucks and vans will be sold in the u.s. badged as ram... but i'm still not sure if they will really offer the daily van series, rear-wheel driven but hated by a lot of brazilian firefighters and ambulance officers due to its not so good stability or if they will offer the fwd fiat ducato series, both using iveco engines... dailies usually have the 3.0L 4cyl and ducatos are offered in south american countries that import the brazilian version just with the 2.3L one, while in chile there's the european version with the 3.0L...

DieselSchlepper
05-22-2010, 06:23 PM
FIATs are nice cars, but alas they aren't very practical. It's pretty common knowledge that IVECO lost quality when they quit putting DEUTZ engines in their trucks around 1984. FIAT had purchased MAGIRUS and branded the new trucks IVECO in the 70's and to SAVE MONEY they put their own engines in. Them dang Deuz engines cost over twice what the IVECO did. Hmm. Wonder why? On the other hand. You could find a nice running FIAT and put i in your truck and have it run until your an old man. It's a matter of chance. Hey rOoStEr. What does it look like where you are? Pics?

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
05-23-2010, 10:33 PM
Hey rOoStEr. What does it look like where you are? Pics?

just the "power star" (once made in argentina) and the acco (australian only) series are not avaliable... btw friday i saw a power star, but i didn't photographed it...

rammbo
06-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Fixing
It
All the
Time

Don't know about their trucks, but the Italians sure know how to make cars fun to drive.

I ripped apart a "high performance" italian job the other day a Fiat-----allis, had pistons the size of big coffy cans.

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
06-10-2010, 09:46 PM
the only iveco truck that looks ugly to me: the vertis
http://www.blogiveco.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/iveco_vertis_cidade.jpg

this was announced some months ago to be released but seems that it was cancelled...

maybe the daily is the most common iveco series to be found in brazil, with their 4cyl 3.0L engine
http://www.blogiveco.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/DailyMassimo550_2.jpg
http://www.blogiveco.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/DailyMassimo550.jpg

stralis is the top-line
http://www.blogiveco.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Stralis_NR_500.jpg
ant there are even some racing versions
http://www.blogiveco.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/FTruck_1405_550.jpg

there are even some microbuses
http://www.blogiveco.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/CityClass550.jpg

there's a lot of other series such as the eurocargo (looks like a ford cargo) and the trakker (as the off-road capable versions are badged)

damarble
06-10-2010, 10:23 PM
maybe the daily is the most common iveco series to be found in brazil, with their 4cyl 3.0L engine

If we had those here they would probably be a popular swap donor!

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
06-11-2010, 07:51 PM
If we had those here they would probably be a popular swap donor!

maybe the van versions can be offered in the u.s. as ram van (or wagon for the passenger versions)... i still believe the fwd fiat ducato (already offered in mexico, btw) would be an interesting option as it's reported by a lot of firefighters and ambulance officers to have a too much better handling, but as it seems to be easier to find a suitable automatic transmission to the daily it would be easily adapted to meet american market requirements...

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
06-11-2010, 08:00 PM
in mexico the fiat ducato is offered with a 2.3L 4cyl diesel and the same 3.0L used in the fiat ducato is offered too... but it's fwd ant the engine is transversely-mounted and there is no automatic transmission option (but the engine could be a good option to a late type impala or a malibu)...

a picture of a chassis-cab version with an aftermarket pickup bed
http://www.fiat.com.mx/img/imagem_modelo/58_img_preview_1.jpg

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
06-23-2010, 10:18 PM
a 2nd gen ducato van as an ambulance (ducato vans are unibody)

http://spb.fotolog.com.br/photo/59/46/2/cripple_rooster/1245184718618_f.jpg

a 2nd gen iveco daily van as an ambulance (this one is body-on-frame)

http://spb.fotolog.com.br/photo/59/46/2/cripple_rooster/1244149246136_f.jpg

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
07-22-2010, 06:48 PM
brazilian ducato in the ups distinctive livery
http://spb.fotolog.com.br/photo/59/46/2/cripple_rooster/1218750129458_f.jpg
i saw this one in my street around 2 years ago

but this one uses a 2.8L turbodiesel, not the 2.3L currently offered

DieselSchlepper
07-24-2010, 06:33 AM
Fixing
It
All the
Time

Had a FIAT 124 Sport Coupe. Rode like it was on rails. 1.6 engine ran like a V8. "Poor man's Ferrari."

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
07-24-2010, 10:50 AM
Had a FIAT 124 Sport Coupe.

some people say these old fiats have problems related to rust due to poor sheetmetal treatment...

Dougal
07-24-2010, 05:48 PM
some people say these old fiats have problems related to rust due to poor sheetmetal treatment...

Yes those old fiats are well known for rust. There's a 132-2000 in storage near me which might be one of the best preserved ones in the world. It spent it's whole life in the driest part of this country.
Should put it up on Ebay and see if anyone wants it.

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
07-24-2010, 09:40 PM
Yes those old fiats are well known for rust. There's a 132-2000 in storage near me which might be one of the best preserved ones in the world. It spent it's whole life in the driest part of this country.
Should put it up on Ebay and see if anyone wants it.

the 132 i actually don't know too well... btw do you remember the lada niva? its unibody is something based into a fiat 124 with some fiat 127 stuff but instead of fiat engines their diesel versions are fitted with 64hp peugeot 1.9L xud9 non-turbo engines... but that fiat 70hp 1.7L idi turbodiesel is plug and play... actually i don't know exactly why, but brazilian older fwd fiats (basically versions of the 127, 128 and uno) have less rust issues than european rwd ones (i don't know about european fwd fiats)...

Dougal
07-25-2010, 12:57 AM
the 132 i actually don't know too well... btw do you remember the lada niva? its unibody is something based into a fiat 124 with some fiat 127 stuff but instead of fiat engines their diesel versions are fitted with 64hp peugeot 1.9L xud9 non-turbo engines... but that fiat 70hp 1.7L idi turbodiesel is plug and play... actually i don't know exactly why, but brazilian older fwd fiats (basically versions of the 127, 128 and uno) have less rust issues than european rwd ones (i don't know about european fwd fiats)...

Yes I know the Niva well. In NZ they also sold a locally modified one called the Taiga which was cut into a single cab pickup with a leaf spring rear end and flat deck.
Some people here have put small isuzu diesels in them, we didn't get many euro diesels back then.

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
07-25-2010, 01:11 AM
Yes I know the Niva well. In NZ they also sold a locally modified one called the Taiga which was cut into a single cab pickup with a leaf spring rear end and flat deck.
Some people here have put small isuzu diesels in them, we didn't get many euro diesels back then.

what kind of small isuzu, c180/c240?

Dougal
07-25-2010, 01:43 AM
what kind of small isuzu, c180/c240?

c190.

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
07-25-2010, 12:09 PM
returning to what the thread was about: newer iveco engines are now advertised as fpt-powertrain...

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
08-30-2010, 04:51 PM
the only iveco truck that looks ugly to me: the vertis
http://www.blogiveco.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/iveco_vertis_cidade.jpg

this was announced some months ago to be released but seems that it was cancelled...

actually this one is not a real iveco, it's a chinese yuejin ouka, made by nanjing automobile (that has some technology transfer deals with iveco and makes some iveco models under license, including chilean-market versions of the daily)...

http://www.naveco.com.cn/v09/en/brand/index2.jsp

smogmonster
11-19-2010, 12:38 AM
anybody know about the 1990s 3.9 turbo versions NOT the later electronic tecotor models but 1990s maybe 92-98? ford/iveco eurocargo type fitted to 75e12 65e12 75e14 models and others? been offered one seems a good idea but i can find zero info online if they are any goodi was given specs from an owner with handbook wich i will post later i rang a couple places and am getting mixed results one place said avoid like the plague WILL blow up the other placxe said BRILLIANT bullet proof
these things are very common here in europe so i find it strange i cant find out anything maybe thats a good thing bad news travels fast etc?

also heard mixed about the 2.5-2.8 non electrics turbo diesels but they do fit them in light vans upto 6.5t vans ive had people say theyre crap with no stories to back it up and lots people say they go very well and do lots of miles . auto and manual available and i think the gear positions are mirrored as per normal 1st is where 2nd usualy is and so on

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
11-19-2010, 01:56 AM
anybody know about the 1990s 3.9 turbo versions NOT the later electronic tecotor models but 1990s maybe 92-98? ford/iveco eurocargo type fitted to 75e12 65e12 75e14 models and others? been offered one seems a good idea but i can find zero info online if they are any goodi was given specs from an owner with handbook wich i will post later i rang a couple places and am getting mixed results one place said avoid like the plague WILL blow up the other placxe said BRILLIANT bullet proof
these things are very common here in europe so i find it strange i cant find out anything maybe thats a good thing bad news travels fast etc?

also heard mixed about the 2.5-2.8 non electrics turbo diesels but they do fit them in light vans upto 6.5t vans ive had people say theyre crap with no stories to back it up and lots people say they go very well and do lots of miles . auto and manual available and i think the gear positions are mirrored as per normal 1st is where 2nd usualy is and so on

i have heard some people referring at these iveco 3.9L engines as being the same as a 4bt because of that deals between case and fiat-allis and new holland... and even bore x stroke are the same and both are low-speed diesels...

about 2.5/2.8L iveco-sofim engines, i have never heard any bad thing about'em, the only and recurrent complaints about iveco vans that i still hear are about their poor suspension... a lot of ambulances are fitted with these engines in south america (including fiat ducato and euroII versions of the brazilian renault master), and you know, reliability is very important for this use...

smogmonster
11-19-2010, 01:05 PM
so the 3.9 4cyl are they very good? i think a lower rated version is fitted into a new holland tnf95 tractor

the spec for the 75e14 7.5t truck is
Power 136hp @ 2700rpm red line at 3000 on guage
Torque 415Nm @1400 rpm

i have no idea what gear my rear end is or what would be best with 31inch tyres
a top speed of 100-110 at 2800 i guess would be ideal to have a nice 60 cruise rpm

Clydesdale4x4
11-19-2010, 01:24 PM
go here: http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html and play around. at the bottom there are tables where you can see what wheel speed will be at x,y,or z rpm.

I in theory tag my governor at 3250, so then I changed the middle r's around to where I could see that say coming out of 3rd at 53 mph, at 3250 rp, I enter 4th, at 52 mph at 1750 rpm.. Gave me an idea of gearing to shoot towards, where everything was going to hit in the powerbands..

Huge drop downs for trans app's/gearing of them, etc. etc.

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
11-19-2010, 04:18 PM
so the 3.9 4cyl are they very good? i think a lower rated version is fitted into a new holland tnf95 tractor

the spec for the 75e14 7.5t truck is
Power 136hp @ 2700rpm red line at 3000 on guage
Torque 415Nm @1400 rpm

the engine is good... i wouldn't be afraid to use it... btw what's the stock transmission of your c1500? maybe you could use the same setup of a p30 breadvan or simillar...

smogmonster
11-19-2010, 05:26 PM
hi rooster!

my trans is the 4l60e the p30 has a manual i ,,think,, its a4 speed ive had 3 people now say ivecos are crap those engines are crap but give me no examples! infact i have been driving around looking for these trucks so i can ask the drivers or call the company to ask there opinions! but not seen one just yet most are 75/e15 6 cyls.
i am hoping they are good and i think they probably are andi trust your word i just need a majority good verdict from fleet owners.
i can find nothing bad about the 6cyl cummins its just the weight and fuel usage putting me off that idea. i see a 3.9 turbo as a nice size betwen a 2.8 and 5.9

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
11-20-2010, 02:12 AM
the 3.9 is a good option due to its size... the main internal components excluding camshaft and crankshaft are the same for the 4cyl and 6cyl, the biggest advantage in a 6cyl is its unbeatable smoothness... i also see more 6cyls than 4cyls, except for the daily with its smaller engines...

smogmonster
11-21-2010, 04:30 AM
ok so lets assume i can beef up the frame add striffer springs (if any of this is actually needed? a chevy frame is fairly hardcore) what would be easier to fit a 6bt with turbo on passenger side or a 4cyl inc this iveco with turbo on drivers side?.
hard to compare because oine is an iveco but what sort of mileage do these 6bts get in stock trim in a full size on 31s?

is there a big differenc in mpg between 4bt and 6bt? i need to make a descision soon

i would imagine a 6 cyl will handle worse in the bends than a 4 cyl its not a sports car but all that weight upfront wont help

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
11-22-2010, 07:50 PM
the c1500 frame appears to be already enought strong since it was offered with a 4.1L diesel for southern-american and overseas markets...

Ruffcorn
11-23-2010, 10:54 AM
We have a CIH 7010 combine that has an Iveco in it, also our new STX485hd, has an Iveco Cursor 15 liter, it has factory twin compound turbos. 505 max HP. If i get a chance to ill take some pictures of it. Our combine is pretty fuel thirsty. I dont know about the STX485 because we havent had a chance to really do anything with it yet

smogmonster
12-04-2010, 02:50 PM
cool ok thats good rooster i never knew about this 4.1 what motor is it and any idea of weight?power gears etc?
hi runcorn ive never had any need to know or deal with the bigger iveco stuff but its a wierd company 1000,s of the things on the road and good dedicated breakdown/recovery service BUT try to fnd out any details /specs etc and you hit a brick wall ive made lots of phone calls etc and got very little info so much so that ime sure its a good motor but ive finally decided (unless something falls into my lap) to go the known tried and tested route with a 6bt

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
12-04-2010, 03:15 PM
cool ok thats good rooster i never knew about this 4.1 what motor is it and any idea of weight?power gears etc?

there were already both diesels, a 3.9 and a 4.0, the 3.9 was the perkins 4.236 non-turbo (86hp @ 2800rpm/265nm @ 1600rpm) while the 4.0 was the iochpe-maxion s4 offered in non-turbo (90hp @ 2800rpm/270nm @ 1600rpm) and turbo (120hp @ 2800rpm/370nm @ 1600rpm) versions, all directly-injected...

gear ratios to the less powerful one:
1ª) 6,33:1; 2ª) 3,60:1; 3ª) 2,15:1; 4ª) 1,40:1; 5ª) 1,00:1; ré - 6,42:1; diferencial - 3,15:1

Dirty Old Lump
01-09-2011, 10:33 AM

I recall some story about that. Back then, FIAT sold the Soviet Union a complete assembly line for one of their old models, but the Soviets didn't want to pay cash, so a barter arrangement was made - amongst which was Russian steel. Unfortunately the quality of the Russian steel wasn't up to much and neither was FIAT's rustproofing. You can imagine what ensued when the cars made from this crap steel hit the roads in European winters.
I heard this twenty years ago, so it might be true, it might not be.

DieselSchlepper
01-09-2011, 11:36 AM
An Amish farmer told me that the IVECO/FIAT is a great motor! They had one put in for a milk plan generator 20 years ago. Still runs good and starts easy in the cold. These motors run at least 4 to 6 hours per day every day for milking. You have to add olive oil to the fuel and a little oregano.

Dougal
01-09-2011, 02:14 PM
I recall some story about that. Back then, FIAT sold the Soviet Union a complete assembly line for one of their old models, but the Soviets didn't want to pay cash, so a barter arrangement was made - amongst which was Russian steel. Unfortunately the quality of the Russian steel wasn't up to much and neither was FIAT's rustproofing. You can imagine what ensued when the cars made from this crap steel hit the roads in European winters.

Beleive it or not NZ traded butter for lada cars.

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
01-09-2011, 06:25 PM

at least from what i've heard, fiat sold some designs, but not assembly lines... btw some brazilian fiats were not made out of russian steel and have rust issues... it's result of a poor sheetmetal treatment...

78 PEB
03-01-2011, 01:08 PM
Case/IH went to Ivecos's years ago. When they got in bed with New Holland which was owned by Fiat. I was working at a dealership at the time what a mess...................

DieselSchlepper
03-02-2011, 06:43 PM
[QUOTE=Dirty Old Lump;138775]I recall some story about that. Back then, FIAT sold the Soviet Union a complete assembly line for one of their old models, but the Soviets didn't want to pay cash, so a barter arrangement was made - amongst which was Russian steel. Unfortunately the quality of the Russian steel wasn't up to much and neither was FIAT's rustproofing. You can imagine what ensued when the cars made from this crap steel hit the roads in European winters.
I heard this twenty years ago, so it might be true, it might not be.[/Q

I imagine the RUssian winters worse - maybe they don't salt, just plow.

DetroitYoungster
05-01-2011, 11:53 PM
The TDi's Rover used from the late 80's-early-mid 2000's in Land Rovers were IVECO's, weren't they? Do correct me if I'm wrong here. Never found out who made that amazing thing called the TD5, but I always assumed it was IVECO as well.

Dougal
05-02-2011, 12:22 AM
The TDi's Rover used from the late 80's-early-mid 2000's in Land Rovers were IVECO's, weren't they? Do correct me if I'm wrong here. Never found out who made that amazing thing called the TD5, but I always assumed it was IVECO as well.

Wrong way around, the old landrover motors (2.25d became 2.5d became 2.5td became 200tdi became 300tdi) were taken and bored/stroked/strengthened to make the HS2.8. I don't know exactly which engine companies were involved. Landrover stopped using those motors around 1999.

The TD5 was again landrovers own engine. It was used from 1999 to around 2007 when they fitted ford transit (puma) motors.

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
05-02-2011, 01:10 AM
The TD5 was again landrovers own engine. It was used from 1999 to around 2007 when they fitted ford transit (puma) motors.

as far as i know the td5 was actually a bmw design...

Dougal
05-02-2011, 01:38 AM
as far as i know the td5 was actually a bmw design...

No, it was a landrover design. It was only finished during BMW ownership which leads to speculation. If it was a BMW engine you would have seen it in BMW's.
Landrover intended to produce 4 cylinder versions of the TD5 for their freelander and 6 cylinder versions for the rangerover. But under BMW's ownership both the freelander and rangerover got existing German engines instead.

Fergusglendon
04-19-2014, 05:37 AM
Are the Invico truck engines fitted with timing chain?

aussie
04-20-2014, 07:48 AM
just the "power star" (once made in argentina) and the acco (australian only) series are not avaliable... btw friday i saw a power star, but i didn't photographed it...

The ACCO is somewhat of an evergreen here, having been in continuous production since around 1960. The cab sheetmetal hasn't really changed since 1972, although it does ahve hydraulic tilt now.

The Powerstar is a bit of a bitzer really, it essentially started out as an S line chassis with a Stralis cab which was modified to be a conventional cab, then once they had it functional and driveable, they built a tilt hood for it.

Here's a snapshot of the current Australian IVECO lineup, the powerstar 7800 (Road Train) is rated at around 140 Tonne GCM, fitted with an ISX, the other powerstar is rated up to maybe 90t, with either ISX or Cursor 13 engines, and the ACCO (far right) is fitted with ISLe5 and available from the factory with dual controls and specific models for refuse compactor or concrete agitator.