: ECU Flashing on ISBe 170

Octamog
08-04-2008, 02:03 PM
I realize this may be the wrong forum for asking a question about a computer controlled engine, but there are some knowledgeable people here so I'll go ahead anyway...

Does anyone know where I can get an ECM flashed for an ISBe 170 (4 cylinder) ? Specifically, Cummins has a mapping rated at 200hp. at 2900rpm that they use in Brazilian Ford F-250 with the Cummins ISBe 4 cylinder (http://www.cummins.com.br/cla/produtos_maxpower.asp).

I'm not even sure this is possible, as my engine is backed by an Allison 1000 transmission, and I'm guessing the Ford is not. Are the mappings modular, where you can choose the engine and transmission settings separately?

ambulancechser
08-04-2008, 04:37 PM
i'm wondering if the ISBe in quiestion is the newer 4.5 liter engine.if so,you might have some luck with tuners can that deal with some models of case tractor engines,post 2005 (?) i think.

www.illinoisdynocenter.com

the allison is usually integrated with the pcm in newer vehicles,tractor or otherwise.some are independent.i don't know a lot about allisons,but iirc they came with a standalone controller in some heavy trucks.if you can find a stand-alone,these guys might be able to help with programming.

www.efilive.com

somebody here should have more help for you...good luck.

Octamog
08-04-2008, 05:01 PM
i'm wondering if the ISBe in quiestion is the newer 4.5 liter engine.if so,you might have some luck with tuners can that deal with some models of case tractor engines,post 2005 (?) i think.

www.illinoisdynocenter.com

the allison is usually integrated with the pcm in newer vehicles,tractor or otherwise.some are independent.i don't know a lot about allisons,but iirc they came with a standalone controller in some heavy trucks.if you can find a stand-alone,these guys might be able to help with programming.

www.efilive.com

somebody here should have more help for you...good luck.

Thanks for the response...

It is a 2005 3.9L. There is a separate TCU for the Allison, but it is my understanding that the ECU must "match" the TCU, but I could be mistaken.

averagef250
08-04-2008, 05:34 PM
Do you have a CPL for the commonrail brazillian Ford 3.9? I need the part numbers for the rear adapter and flywheel used for the rear geartrain Brazillian Ford installs.

Octamog
08-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Do you have a CPL for the commonrail brazillian Ford 3.9? I need the part numbers for the rear adapter and flywheel used for the rear geartrain Brazillian Ford installs.

No, I don't. I don't see it on their website either. That would probably be a good start to find the ECU mapping as well! Is anyone out there that can help look up a CPL #?

There's a really nice high resolution picture of the ISBe (http://www.cummins.com.br/cla/images/alta/maxpower.jpg)here. Maybe I should detail my engine like that!

agave248
08-08-2008, 11:19 PM
I belive you are looking at a qsb 4.5. There is a 250 HP marine B3.9 but it uses a P7100 pump. Based on extrapolatio from the FPT QSB 5.9 a FPT QSB 4.5 shold be capable of 280-300 HP and about 750 ft lb.

CrewCab59
08-09-2008, 07:19 AM
No, I don't. I don't see it on their website either. That would probably be a good start to find the ECU mapping as well! Is anyone out there that can help look up a CPL #?

There's a really nice high resolution picture of the ISBe (http://www.cummins.com.br/cla/images/alta/maxpower.jpg)here. Maybe I should detail my engine like that!

Cummins 3.9
CPL 2521
SER # 21374161
165 HP @2500
442 FTlb @
July 20 1999
HX27 turbo
SAE # 2 housing

Scott

Lustalbert
08-14-2008, 07:15 AM
high resolution picture of the ISBe (http://www.cummins.com.br/cla/images/alta/maxpower.jpg)here. Maybe I should detail my engine like that!

I can almost see a 4B block hidden in there.
I do belive if my motor looked that good, I would kick the wife out of the bed and let my motor sleep with me.

OM617
01-06-2010, 12:03 PM
It looks nice, and it is powerful, but it could be much better if not choked by emissions limits.