: 1999 Lincoln Navigator

dave_ou
10-17-2008, 07:05 AM
Hi everyone. I have a small biodiesel shop and I'm looking at turning our family gas guzzler (1999 Lincoln Navigator) into a biodiesel "sipper". I'd like to replace the 5.4L V-8 with a 4BT. Does anyone have any information on this type of swap? I haven't been able to find anything specific so far on here about that one, but I'm new too. Any advice/information you can give me to head me in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thanks.

-Dave

Mikel
10-17-2008, 07:41 AM
Hello,
My guess is that most of the info on ford truck swaps you'll find searching will apply to you.
Mikel

wingnut13
10-17-2008, 09:36 AM
I can tell you that you will not be able to use the trans currently in the truck because of the mod motor bell housing..... I haven't seen any adaptors for it anyways.

In a truck like that I also imagine it will be a pain to get the computer to function without throwing codes all the time when you pull the stock engine. Don't let me talk you out of it though, that would be a nice ride! -wingnut13

W.R.Buchanan
10-17-2008, 11:57 AM
I would think this would be a perfect application for QSB 130 motor.

At one time on Ebay there was a guy selling kits to swap 4BT's into F150 Fords.I think if you search around a little you might be able to find him, and that may be what you need infowise to get started. In any event there is going to be computer issues to deal with, and if you have the wherewithall to drop the hammer on a Navigator then you probably have the money to suss out the computer issues, and do the swap in a professional manner.

There are lots of guys nowadays that can alter the onboard computer to do new tricks.

I am going to SEMA in Las Vegas and I will look for any Electronics GURU's that have answers to swap induced problems, and tranny control. If you live out west you should go too, as there is always loads of BioDiesel related sources which could benefit your business.

Randy

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
01-17-2010, 12:30 AM
so, have you already converted your rig to run on biodiesel?