1997 GMC W4 truck
4BTSwaps.com is the premier Cummins Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1997 GMC W4 truck

Thanks

Default 1997 GMC W4 truck

I found this truck for sale and he says it has a 4.9L Isuzu in it. Did GMC offer something different? The NPR's did not have a 4.9L in that year. I have spent hours and hours trying to find one of these engines for my jeep. This is such a great site. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    4BTSwaps.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

Unfarmiliar with a 4.9 Turbo Diesel Isuzu.

AFAIK the W4 GMC, W4000 Chevy, and the NPR are all the same truck for a given year, just 'badge engineering', some might have different options than others depending on how they were 'ordered'.

As I understand it there are GMC/Chevy equivalents for allmost all the N&F series Isuzus (same difference, just the badges, I've even seen some at various West Coast port terminals with no badges on them yet).

Thanks

That is what I thought too. It has a rebuilt trans and he is asking 3k for it. I think I will go look at it. Thanks

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bo799 View Post
    I found this truck for sale and he says it has a 4.9L Isuzu in it. Did GMC offer something different? The NPR's did not have a 4.9L in that year. I have spent hours and hours trying to find one of these engines for my jeep. This is such a great site. Thanks in advance.
    It probably was a typo as the two choises were 3.9 liter diesel or 5.7 liter gasoline.
    Andy

Stock FJ62, FZJ80
    SOA Samurai Tintop
    Ford E-350 4x4 Diesel
    M-29 Weasel
    Misc. NPRs and diesel engines(4BD1T, 6BD1, 4BD2T, 4HE1TC,4HK1TC, 7.3 PSD, 6.4 PSD)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Where you live:

Please enter your real name for our records:

This is just a test to see if you're human, as the bots have got bad as of late. Type the word Cummins in the box.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.