Np271 Np273 Differences in Dodge and Ford?
4BTSwaps.com is the premier Cummins Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Np271 Np273 Differences in Dodge and Ford?

Thanks

Default Np271 Np273 Differences in Dodge and Ford?

A search shows that a NV5600 Dodge has a 29 spline Np271/273. I have a 2000 V10 Ford Excursion auto 4x4 that also has the Np273 in it. How many splines are on it? Any idea if the electronic connectors are the same between the Ford and Dodge? What about the yokes?

I am trying to put a 12v/NV5600/NP273 in my Excursion and need to know what would be the best route to piece this stuff together.

2. Remove Advertisements
    4BTSwaps.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

I put a dodge 29 spline in the ford 273. The bearing diameters are not the same and I made a sleeve that pressed onto the dodge 271 input and had the correct OD for the larger ford input shaft bearings. I hope it works, I will find out soon.

Thanks

Thanks, let me know how it goes.

Anyone else?

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Default Nv 271

There is a place in SC that may be able to help....Transfer case express.864 579 1960.They helped me out when I did a conversion in my Dodge,when I went heavier duty,and put a NV271 in it. They worked very closely with me,listened to what I was about to do,made suggestions,and the conversion worked very well.My Dodge has the nv5600 transmission,and I did flange the driveshaft.I was even able to utilize the original truck's transfer case shifter.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.