Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

cummins 4bt truck with manual trans?

10K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  daw_two 
#1 ·
Hey guys Im knew here and i got a headache from searching the forum for past couple hours. I been looking for a bread truck with the 4bt to do a swap most i see are automatics. Is there any that come with a manual trans? i wanna put a zf 5 behind it but just wanted to see what im getting into or if they were even made with manual trans Thanks Phil.

#4 ·
Thanks ill be searching even more now, So the ones with the ford manual transmissions are ford bread vans? or are they grummans? Im a powerstroke guy so dont know alot about the cummins yet, But its gonna be going in a 49 f-6 dump truck, I liked the 4 instead of the 6 since it will fit in nicer, It should have the power to push it right? I saw the guy on the board whos putting one in his 1947 ford dually and looks really nice just i know theses are not big power producing engines but can make some more hp with a couple mods, Is there any certain year engine i should look for?

#6 ·
Thanks... the 49 F6 is a perfect canidate for a 4BT...... a simple turbo mod and an intercooler and you'll be where you want to be. P-pump'd 4BT's are probably the best... but my VE pump still is stout... (hell of a lot better then a gas guzzling big block or the old flat head that sat there.

#8 ·
I bought a Ford Step Van yesterday morning here in Memphis. It has a 4BT and a manual transmission --- I'm not going to be using the transmission, so if you want it, shoot me a PM. I've not driven the truck yet; however, it was being driven until a year ago --- they just didn't need it anymore, so they parked it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.