Turbo Upgrade
4BTSwaps.com is the premier Cummins Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Turbo Upgrade

New Registered User
    Thanks

Default Turbo Upgrade

Hi,

I am looking to upgrade the stock turbo on my 4bt. Its an HC1 that I put a 12cm2 turbine housing on. I just turned up the full power screw a bit and am getting some smoke even at full boost. Gillette Diesel offers upgraded compressor housings. I need to stick with the 3" inlet, and they have a 52mm upgrade. I also have a HC1 from a non-aftercooled truck (1990), and am wondering if that would be an upgrade over the stock 4bt turbo. Does anyone know the stock size of the 4bt turbo? Based on info from Gillette diesel website, the stock turbo on the non-aftercooled dodges are 50mm.

2. Remove Advertisements
    4BTSwaps.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

There's a seller on eBay that has rebuilt turbos for around $600. According to the information they provide, the stock 4bt H1C has a compressor size of 44mm and the stock 6bt H1C has a 52mm compressor. Read the stickies on here and you will see the 4bt's came with a variety of compressor sizes, depending on the cpl.
    1961 Dodge Town Wagon Power Wagon, 4bt,nv4500,np205 4 wheel hydroboosted disc brakes,PS,WVO two tank fuel system, 4:10 gears

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.