Discontinued Isuzu Diesel Swapper Kit
4BTSwaps.com is the premier Cummins Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Discontinued Isuzu Diesel Swapper Kit

Thanks

Default Discontinued Isuzu Diesel Swapper Kit

Emailed Dave Yesterday about the possibility of the discontinued kit and here was his response by email:

"George, Sorry but I do not have any kits and I am selling the website. The new owner will continue to offer the kits but it may take a few weeks. Thanks again, Dave"

I just got my engine today (runs well by the way, i'll post up pics in another thread tomorrow) and now im wondering if anyone here can help me get a grip on what my options are from here.

Also does anyone know who bought the website/plans/kits and when will they be available?

If the Isuzu diesel swapper kit isnt available anymore, what would be my options?

2. Remove Advertisements
    4BTSwaps.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

DieselTim's kit will allow you to mate it to an NV4500 and he is working on some other items last I knew.

Jatco's if you have the room

Something homebrew

Tripper
    1963 L60 Nissan Patrol - Green Machine - Near original daily driver
    1963 L60 Nissan Patrol - Plow Patrol - 4BD2TC, DieselTim's kit, NV4500 all waiting for transplant
    1963 L60 Nissan Patrol - Basket Case - Couldn't let it go to scrap...so now it sits in the pole barn
    2001 Toyota LandCruiser

Thanks

Or, talk to Randy (carcrafter22) & see if he'll carve you a copy of his latest adapter... check his thread for the story on the adapter he made for the newer ford auto.

Isuzu reliability tester carcrafter22's Avatar
    Thanks

Calm down guys, a little birdy told me recently that the kits will resume production soon. Check back with the website next month. Some of you may have to put your project on hold for a month or 2 at most but thats all.

Now lets get back to this discussion about the 4he forward facing starter I want one!!!!
    Randy
    1967 F100 isuzu 4bd1t 60mm turbo procharger d1sc, big shied injection pump, 100% injectors - currently building AWD chassis for it
    2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee isuzu 4bd1t, he351 turbo 370cc pump, 100% injectors, 4l85e trans, bw4401 transfer case, clayton long arms 4.5" lift - For sale

Thanks

In the past, many times the IDS adapters could be a 1 month to 6 week wait anyway.

Hopefully the new owner will be as reliable and good to deal with as David was.
    And....no price increases to....:-)

I probably won't get as lucky and live as close to the new owner.
    83 FJ60 Land Cruiser 4BD2T, NV4500, WVO.
    82 FJ60 Land Cruiser. Trail rig. 4BD2t, H55, WVO

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carcrafter22 View Post
    Calm down guys, a little birdy told me recently that the kits will resume production soon. !!!
    Did this little birdy say anything about the new proprietor making a Ford version or offering a Flywheel for manuals as that would open up a whole world of adaptable engines as nearly all the ones I've seen are autos.
    Taking my toys and heading to another sandbox.

Thanks

Yes the birdie told me ford and dodge adapter will happen next year along with manual flywheels since none are currently offered.
    Randy
    1967 F100 isuzu 4bd1t 60mm turbo procharger d1sc, big shied injection pump, 100% injectors - currently building AWD chassis for it
    2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee isuzu 4bd1t, he351 turbo 370cc pump, 100% injectors, 4l85e trans, bw4401 transfer case, clayton long arms 4.5" lift - For sale

Thanks

If that Ford adapter worked with a M5R2 that would be awesome, I always like that tranny even with it's shift fork flaws. If that route was available now I would have done it instead of the NV4500.

1990 Ford F250 SCSB on RCLB frame, 4x4, ZF5, 7.3L IDI, 37s.
    4BD1T looking for a permanent home.

Thanks

I agree the m5r2 is much better in many aspects over the nv4500.
    Randy

New Registered User
    Thanks

Has anyone found a source for the isuzu diesel swapper adapter? I am very interested in making this swap in my Scout. I have found an engine, but I don't want to buy it until I can find an adapter to fit the 3.9L to a 4L80E. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Please read thru the "All new adapter plate" Thread. In there you will find that I am casting new housings that will bolt to the back of the 4bd engine that will allow you to bolt up your transmission without any adapters or duel flywheels. The Dodge housings will be available in the next few weeks. Gm and Ford are also in the works as well as new OEM style flywheels and flywheels for ea of the new adapter housings.

Dieseltim
    770-712-8644

Thanks

Default Flywheels & Flexplates?

Tim,
    Did you mean "Flywheels & Flexplates"??

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Thomas,
    One of the big problems is that we are running out of OEM manual flywheels for the 4bd Isuzu. I have contacted Isuzu truck parts, they wanted almost $500 for a 4bd manual flywheel. So, I am trying to get new flywheels made. If anyone has an auto and needs / wants to change to a manual flywheel, I will have them for a lot less than the $500 that Isuzu truck parts wants.

The GM Adapters will have to have a new 14" flywheel that is smaller than the Isuzu 15". Problem is the bolt pattern is different. I have not even gotten to the auto flexplate issues. On top of all of those things, the oil filter will have to be relocated because the starter for the GM and Ford adapter housings have the starter on the passengers side almost exactly where the oil filter bolts on. So that will require a relocation to another place.

Dieseltim

Thanks

TeoScout, Don't let that stop you. I would love to see another scout with the 4bd. Keep looking for the right one and go for it.

Thanks

One more and we can have a rally!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TeoScout View Post
    Has anyone found a source for the isuzu diesel swapper adapter? I am very interested in making this swap in my Scout. I have found an engine, but I don't want to buy it until I can find an adapter to fit the 3.9L to a 4L80E. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated
    The parts your looking for are available. I must not be doing a great job advertising if you can't find them. The IDS parts aren't made anymore. However, better parts are.

Allmaras Machine
    503-545-3731

New Registered User
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 69rambler View Post
    The parts your looking for are available. I must not be doing a great job advertising if you can't find them. The IDS parts aren't made anymore. However, better parts are.

Allmaras Machine
    503-545-3731
    So you are making the adapters for an Isuzu engine now?Do you have a website or something?Any info?Thanks

Thanks

http://www.4btswaps.com/forum/showth...vised-listing*

The thread covering the GM adapters is just a few down the page from this one. If you have any questions please call or send a PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.