Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

Discontinued Isuzu Diesel Swapper Kit

23K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  69rambler 
#1 ·
Emailed Dave Yesterday about the possibility of the discontinued kit and here was his response by email:

"George, Sorry but I do not have any kits and I am selling the website. The new owner will continue to offer the kits but it may take a few weeks. Thanks again, Dave"

I just got my engine today (runs well by the way, i'll post up pics in another thread tomorrow) and now im wondering if anyone here can help me get a grip on what my options are from here.

Also does anyone know who bought the website/plans/kits and when will they be available?

If the Isuzu diesel swapper kit isnt available anymore, what would be my options?

#2 ·
DieselTim's kit will allow you to mate it to an NV4500 and he is working on some other items last I knew.

Jatco's if you have the room

Something homebrew

Tripper

#4 ·
Calm down guys, a little birdy told me recently that the kits will resume production soon. Check back with the website next month. Some of you may have to put your project on hold for a month or 2 at most but thats all.

Now lets get back to this discussion about the 4he forward facing starter :D I want one!!!!

#6 ·
Calm down guys, a little birdy told me recently that the kits will resume production soon. !!!
Did this little birdy say anything about the new proprietor making a Ford version or offering a Flywheel for manuals as that would open up a whole world of adaptable engines as nearly all the ones I've seen are autos.

#5 ·
In the past, many times the IDS adapters could be a 1 month to 6 week wait anyway.

Hopefully the new owner will be as reliable and good to deal with as David was.
And....no price increases to....:)

I probably won't get as lucky and live as close to the new owner.

#7 ·
Yes the birdie told me ford and dodge adapter will happen next year along with manual flywheels since none are currently offered.

#8 ·
If that Ford adapter worked with a M5R2 that would be awesome, I always like that tranny even with it's shift fork flaws. If that route was available now I would have done it instead of the NV4500.

#9 ·
I agree the m5r2 is much better in many aspects over the nv4500.

#11 ·
Please read thru the "All new adapter plate" Thread. In there you will find that I am casting new housings that will bolt to the back of the 4bd engine that will allow you to bolt up your transmission without any adapters or duel flywheels. The Dodge housings will be available in the next few weeks. Gm and Ford are also in the works as well as new OEM style flywheels and flywheels for ea of the new adapter housings.

Dieseltim
770-712-8644

#13 ·
Thomas,
One of the big problems is that we are running out of OEM manual flywheels for the 4bd Isuzu. I have contacted Isuzu truck parts, they wanted almost $500 for a 4bd manual flywheel. So, I am trying to get new flywheels made. If anyone has an auto and needs / wants to change to a manual flywheel, I will have them for a lot less than the $500 that Isuzu truck parts wants.

The GM Adapters will have to have a new 14" flywheel that is smaller than the Isuzu 15". Problem is the bolt pattern is different. I have not even gotten to the auto flexplate issues. On top of all of those things, the oil filter will have to be relocated because the starter for the GM and Ford adapter housings have the starter on the passengers side almost exactly where the oil filter bolts on. So that will require a relocation to another place.

Dieseltim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.