95 Dodge cummins 3500 2wd with nv4500
4BTSwaps.com is the premier Cummins Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 95 Dodge cummins 3500 2wd with nv4500

New Registered User
    Thanks

Default 95 Dodge cummins 3500 2wd with nv4500

I am currently looking at a truck that has everything I need on it..... well almost...... p-pumped 12v with all accessories still in working order. The truck has 145,487 miles on it and runs great. PROBLEM..... 2WD..... I am questioning the transmission and my ability to convert it to a 4wd application. I will be swapping this into a CHEVY and am looking to put an NP205 t-case in the mix. Is the 2wd nv4500 going to be useless to me due to the 31 spline output shaft or is there something I can to do remedy this problem cost effectively? I am totally open to any ideas or suggestions or even a link to an existing post on this site that I may have missed in the endless corridors of threads!!! Thanks for your time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    4BTSwaps.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by octobertide View Post
    I am currently looking at a truck that has everything I need on it..... well almost...... p-pumped 12v with all accessories still in working order. The truck has 145,487 miles on it and runs great. PROBLEM..... 2WD..... I am questioning the transmission and my ability to convert it to a 4wd application. I will be swapping this into a CHEVY and am looking to put an NP205 t-case in the mix. Is the 2wd nv4500 going to be useless to me due to the 31 spline output shaft or is there something I can to do remedy this problem cost effectively? I am totally open to any ideas or suggestions or even a link to an existing post on this site that I may have missed in the endless corridors of threads!!! Thanks for your time.

May as well get it. If you are looking to mount a GM NP205 behind it, then you are going to have to replace the output shaft anyways, unless you are starting out with a GM NV4500, so it becomes a toss up. Do you buy a 4X4, and then swap out the output, or just convert yours to a GM output and tailhousing? Seems about the same either way.

New Registered User
    Thanks

Thanks for the advise! I will look into this further. I thought I was limited to the 29 spline dodge np205's from the gen 1 years. If I can use any of the chevy parts I will. Can this handle the torque from the cummins though?
    Last edited by octobertide; 10-17-2010 at 06:18 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.