Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

95 Dodge cummins 3500 2wd with nv4500

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  octobertide 
#1 ·
I am currently looking at a truck that has everything I need on it..... well almost...... p-pumped 12v with all accessories still in working order. The truck has 145,487 miles on it and runs great. PROBLEM..... 2WD..... I am questioning the transmission and my ability to convert it to a 4wd application. I will be swapping this into a CHEVY and am looking to put an NP205 t-case in the mix. Is the 2wd nv4500 going to be useless to me due to the 31 spline output shaft or is there something I can to do remedy this problem cost effectively? I am totally open to any ideas or suggestions or even a link to an existing post on this site that I may have missed in the endless corridors of threads!!! Thanks for your time.

#2 ·
May as well get it. If you are looking to mount a GM NP205 behind it, then you are going to have to replace the output shaft anyways, unless you are starting out with a GM NV4500, so it becomes a toss up. Do you buy a 4X4, and then swap out the output, or just convert yours to a GM output and tailhousing? Seems about the same either way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.