4 cylinder cat in a chevy pickup?
4BTSwaps.com is the premier Cummins Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4 cylinder cat in a chevy pickup?

Thanks

Default 4 cylinder cat in a chevy pickup?

I have a 1996 chevy pickup (full size) 2 wheel drive with a 5 speed manual trans. I also have caterpillar 4cylinder 80hp at 2500 rpm 280ft lbs of tork at 1600 rpm.I was thinking about doing a swap but I'm not sure if this engine is big enough. I'm just going to use it to run parts and dont plan on pulling anything.Just really looking for better mileage. Not going to haul much weight either. Looking for help Tim

2. Remove Advertisements
    4BTSwaps.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

With that torque output ,it would move your pickup very nicely ! I wonder about your stated horsepower rating as the 4-53 N was 140 HP @ 2800,282Ft. lbs. @ 1700 and handled my 7200 lb. pickup very nicely,even pulling a trailer . I had hauled an IHC 966 farm tractor 450 miles to New York and a 50 GMC old road tractor back to Ohio on a 3 axle trailer . I ran that used engine 11 years ,till I found a 4-53T .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by timrf View Post
    I have a 1996 chevy pickup (full size) 2 wheel drive with a 5 speed manual trans. I also have caterpillar 4cylinder 80hp at 2500 rpm 280ft lbs of tork at 1600 rpm.I was thinking about doing a swap but I'm not sure if this engine is big enough. I'm just going to use it to run parts and dont plan on pulling anything.Just really looking for better mileage. Not going to haul much weight either.
    is this engine a cat/perkins c4.4? it would be enought, considering that gm have used some perkins 4-bangers in their pickups for some latin-american and overseas markets...
    http://formspring.me/kamikazeondrugz

http://cripplerooster.blogspot.com/ - if you can't read in portuguese (or even spanish that is closely simillar) use the google translate

+ Reply to Thread