Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

Oil Pressure Sensor

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  gr8shot 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,
I'm in the final stages of my build and I need some help. I'm trying to connect a oil pressure sender to my original 1974 FJ40 instrument cluster. I didn't do a whole lot of research but i did see that it was a good idea to use a FJ40 oil pressure sensor so that its data would match the fj40 cluster.
I bought an original fj40 oil pressure sender and mounted it to the oil pressure port on the drivers side of the 4bt just left of the fuel lift pump. It works but I'm reading a high oil pressure on my gauge. My fj40 gauge doesn't have numbers associated with it but the needle is sitting on the high "H" of the gauge. It isn't pegged though. Should this diesel read a higher pressure than the original straight 6 F-motor? Thanks

#3 ·
I will be putting a tee and a oil pressure gauge so I can compare the readings on my stock dash gauge. Cummins shop manuel says 10 psi at idle. (I am trying to keep my interior stock without a after market cluster 1965 GMC 4X4). Hope it is somewhat helpful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.