Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

HELP!!! Rear gear powersteering pump

13K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  mattm 
#1 ·
I'm in need of a part # for a isb170 powersteering pump. The type that bolts to the timing cover, not to the air compressor. I tried a RGT 5.9 pump that bolts to the back of the compressor but it had a smaller mount and different spline drive. My engine is a QSB4.5 with a pto adapter where the PS pump would go. The isb170 PS pump without compressor looks to use the same large mount. And if you are wondering, a belt driven pump is not an option. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 · (Edited)
I'm still wondering if Howe's $200 reverse rotation Saginaw plates are LT1 CB parts. Got a CB pump anywhere in your shed, even a standard rotation we could disect to see if the side plates interchange with the P Saginaws?

If they switch, and you can throw together a reverse rotation Saginaw for $50 in 20 minutes (if you needed one) the Saginaw doesn't sound so bad. Atleast that pump I built could finally get used for something!

EDIT: What's this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRW-PEV2516...rts&hash=item20cae93633&vxp=mtr#ht_2252wt_752

#3 ·
If you find a PS pump, I have an ISBe170 that also needs a PS pump for the rear gear drive with 2 bolt mounting port. Thanks, Gene

#5 ·
I ended up getting one from a frieghtliner MT35 with a 3.9 ISB170.

#7 ·
trw# ps181410L336G1
Freightliner assembly with gear A14-14809-001
just pump 14-14333-000
Cummins gear # 3955159

14LPM @ 1450psi

Got it used

#8 ·
  • TRW: PS181410L336G1
  • Freightliner Assy W/Gear: A14-14809-001
  • Just Pump: 14-14333-000
  • Cummins Gear: 3955159
  • Specs: 14LPM @ 1450psi
I'll have to try and hunt one down.
Thanks for the part numbers!
People don't realize how difficult these things are to track down...
So, thanks!
Gene
(Note: My engine is cranking over, now I need the chassis plug for the ECM)

#9 ·
I am having NO LUCK finding those part numbers ANYWHERE.
Anyone have any better ideas where or how to find this pump?
I am in the Beaverton Oregon area (Near Portland).
Thanks, Gene

#10 ·
I am still trying to find a Power Steering Pump.
I tried to run down some part numbers listed in a previous post and got nowhere.
Does anyone know if a Ford F800 Cummins ISB PS pump will fit and work in an ISBe170 HPCR motor?
I have seen several of these on eBay recently.
Also, is there a PS pump with an Air Pump that will fit?
I have seen a Wabco unit on eBay recently.
I have also seen PS pumps with a small diameter splined shaft and others with a larger diameter gear?
Which one is made to fit my motor?
I'll be using this to drive a Dodge 1500 truck PS Rack/Pinion and a hydraulic winch motor (Motor still TBD).
Thanks,
Gene
Beaverton, Oregon

#11 · (Edited)
I've dialed the requirements back to just running the PS Rack/Pinion and the PB Hydroboost with this PS pump. The Cummins Gear P/N listed above is not a good Cummins number as far as I can tell (3955159). Does anyone have a good PS gear P/N?

The winch wants an insane amount of flow to get good winch RPMs (Like ~28GPM or so). So, I am not going to burden the PS pump with that flow requirement. My current idea is to run the winch motor off a PTO hydraulic pump (Which I also need). I hear tell that the trick setup is to use a Rollback Tow Truck hydraulic PTO setup. Finding a used Rollback setup is the other trick. Needs to be a 6 bolt PTO and have gears for the NV4500, or at least have gears available that I can convert...

Anyways, one thing at a time. Anyone have a lead on a good PS pump for the ISB-170? Thanks!

#13 ·
Finding this Pump for a rear gear housing ISBe170 is just baffling me. Anyone with a line on one, please let me know. I am still looking and need to get this found soon.
Thanks!
Gene

#14 ·
I am still looking. Still. Com on people. Anyone have a good P/N for a power steering pump for an ISBe170? Anyone have an idea what gear is needed? Help!

#15 ·
I am still looking. Anyone have an idea what gear is needed? Help!
Just put Paypal bucks down on a TRW PS Pump. Can't wait to get it and start plumbing the PS and PB.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.