Hostess step vans
4BTSwaps.com is the premier Cummins Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hostess step vans

Thanks

Default Hostess step vans

Curiousity got the better of me this morning...

I started thinking about all the step vans from hostess and I found out that Hilco has offered 2233 of them on a liquidation sale but they are only selling them by the entire fleet or location. I found the flyer under the liquidations tab on Hilco's website. The closest location to me is Lenexa, but I dont know what I would do with 22 vans....

Does anyone know how many of those vans have 4bt engines in them? Perhaps if they don't sell, we may be seeing some more engines come on the market!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    4BTSwaps.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

Link:

http://www.hilcotrading.com/UserFile...ale%231_V2.pdf

I do not see any vehicles from Arizona. I know the local truck, based out of Benson, AZ was a 4BT - it had lots of miles on it...
    1986 Ford F150 with 1952 Bell Telephone System service bed, 4BT, CPL 727 with 3,400 RPM governor spring, small aftercooler, AC, PS, Cruise, 1997 M5R2 5 speed overdrive transmission, Stock P215/75R15 tires, 2.75 rear axle ratio, approx 25 MPG average, Driven in 10 states in 2013, 2014 Diesel Confab - 22 states in 15 days
    http://www.4btswaps.com/forum/showth...rtbed-with-4BT
    Still plays with trucks

Thanks

The whole fleet of Hostess vans up the road from me are gassers. Frito-lay has taken over their building. Also, there is only a couple of the Frito trucks in the whole state of MS that are 4bt. Everything else is 6.5 , gassers or the sprint vans.

Thanks

I figured as much, when they delivered to the hospital I work at, the guy had a gasser truck, but he said a few of them were diesels.

Thanks

I work in Lenexa might be able to check it out for you. of course there is not much time left. but ya there is a pretty large diversity and many using the power stroke or 6.5L chevy from what i have seen. the higher end trucks like UPS or Fedex in this area seem to still use the cummins but a newer more expensive models.

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Here's their response to my inquiry:
    ""Hi Dan,

Thank you for your inquiry. Your information has been received by Hilco. A representative will contact you as soon as sale details have been set. We anticipate that to be within the next several weeks.

Hilco

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.