Dodge A-100 diesel swap
4BTSwaps.com is the premier Cummins Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dodge A-100 diesel swap

New Registered User
    Thanks

Default Dodge A-100 diesel swap

IMG_20130123_164152_133.jpg
    Hi I have a 68 A-100 van with the 318 & 727 setup. I'm interested in doing a 4bt or 6bt swap. I'm curious if anyone else has done this in an A-100 truck or van and I'd love to hear suggestions. Thanks!
    Last edited by superjeep5.7; 05-26-2013 at 06:38 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    4BTSwaps.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Thanks

I would think a 4bt would be doable. A 6bt could be done but you'd probably need to beef up the suspension. The only main issue that you may be up against is noise. With that style van the engine is completely inside the vehicle. Would need some serious sound proofing to make it tolerable. Between the diesel clatter and a whistling turbo it could start to get on your nerves.

Thanks

clearance issues are harder to overcome in those cabover vans, no wonder i hardly see any of them with any diesel above 3.0L

you could take a look into a sprinter engine
    http://formspring.me/kamikazeondrugz

http://cripplerooster.blogspot.com/ - if you can't read in portuguese (or even spanish that is closely simillar) use the google translate

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.