Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

4bt 1/4 mile jeep

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  toolmanoffroad 
#1 ·
I have seen lots of 4bt conversions here, and most of them have been turned up to some extent. Is there anyone here that is racing 1/4 mile with there 4 banger? I will be starting my buildup in a couple of weeks, and am looking for any/all the help and info I can. Thanks for any info guys!!!! ;)

#4 ·
cool ride

Thanks, to bad there wasnt on details on his site...LOL I might just have to give em a call and see what I can pry out of them. didnt even say what it ran???

#5 ·
I talked with him. His name eludes me right now.

As said they are out of New York and they will Build and sell you one but they won't tell you much about it. I called and very seriously asked him about what they had done as I would like to know if I was going to purchase one. I didn't get any specifics but he said they are running a single larger turbo, intercooler set up, don't remember what they were using for injectors and they are running a tuned up VE pump.

He was not at all interested in doing a p-pump nor twin turbo. Said just the pump alone would be around 2.5k. He was right, unless you shop around and you can find a whole p-pumped engine for 1.2K.

Anyway if you want more details give him a call maybe he was just on a off day. he was going to quote me a buildup and he never called back soooooo neither did I.

It doesn't appear he farts around it anymore but he went under the name 6bt under the oilburners forum.

#6 ·
finaly coming together!!!!!

WOO HOO!! My motor finaly showed up to day, and I cant wait to get started!! After going back and forth on what to put it in I ended up deciding on a fiberglass dodge body and tube chassis. I will post up some pictures as soon as I get the motor setting in its place. 9in rear, fuel cell, gauges, shifter, etc are all on there way, and the chassis is setting outside.... Its gonna be like friggin cristmas arround here...bounce bounce bounce LOL Well im stoked, and just had to ramble a bit...gotta get back to work...later guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.