Bulk Sale of Frito Vans
4BTSwaps.com is the premier Cummins Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bulk Sale of Frito Vans

Thanks

Default Bulk Sale of Frito Vans

Got this notice from Dove Bid. I don't like the sounds of this for the individual who is trying to get a single van.

Special Terms: Frito Lay Sealed Bid
    • Bidders must register for the sealed bid and agree to all terms of sale for bids to be considered valid.
    • Bids are due no later than 5:00 PM ET, December 3, 2009.
    • Buyers are requested to bid a fixed dollar amount on a per vehicle basis for all vehicles coming from that specific region.
    • Any vehicles coming from that region thru December 31 will be awarded to you and you will be expected to fulfill your obligations on them. Your bid is valid thru December 31.
    • Payment for the assets forwarded to you will be within 3 business days after award date. Payment must be made within 72 hours.
    • Removal for the respective vehicles is expected within 15 business days
    • Assets must be towed off, they may not be driven on a public road once they leave the companies premises
    • Assets may not be disassembled or parted out while on sellers premises
    • All vehicles must be destroyed and Proof of Destruction provided within 45 days of award notification.
    • *Proof of destruction entails a digital image of the unit number and a 2 photo’s of the vehicle being destroyed.
    • Photos are to be emailed to jonathan.holiday@dovebid.com, Fax Proof of Destruction to: 303 842 1308.
    • Failure to meet POD requirements voids obligation of seller to make future awards.
    Disclaimer:
    • Some vehicles may be missing instrument clusters and door handles
    • Frito makes not representation as to the operability of the vehicle
    • No Title will be made available to purchaser
    Please contact Jonathan Holiday should you have any questions: 310 256-3630, jonathan.holiday@go-dove.com

https://www.go-dove.com/auctions/Auc...uctionID=12080
    61 Willys Wagon, wagoneer frame, t18, 18 tcase, warn od, 35" BFG muds. 4BTA 120hp w/59k

2. Remove Advertisements
    4BTSwaps.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

Looks similar to what they were doing in some areas before they went the DoveBid route.

Oh, and I think they corrected a bit of info:

Bids are due no later than 5:00 PM ET, December 3, 2008.

Since I think this is for the 2009 calendar year.

The no drive-off / must destroy provisions are interesting..

Glad I got mine before this change. I'd intended to buy the van, pull the motor and scrap for Al, but having a self-propelled 8x15 shed has proven just too useful to cut it up.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
    Specialization is for insects.
    - Lazarus Long, as written by Robert A. Heinlein.

Quote Originally Posted by BobS View Post
    You need to first confirm the problem BEFORE you start buying and replacing parts.

Thanks

You're right. It's really not aimed at private individuals, however it's probably a lot less hassle for the seller. I guess we lose out on this one. You're not even guaranteed that you'll get a 4bt van, it may be you get stuck with a bunch of GM 6.2/6.5 motors.

Thanks

I bet this has come up because they are having a hard time unloading those gm diesels and vans that are just plain crap.
    Jonny 1983 C-20, 2wd, 6bt, Getrag (sold); 1966, C30 Flat Bed, Cummins in Progress; 1992 Honda Accord
    "Honor.....simply put, A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve is someone who, at one time in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including his life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it."
    -AEC Hundley USNR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sailed2japan View Post
    I bet this has come up because they are having a hard time unloading those gm diesels and vans that are just plain crap.
    I've seen those selling, too. Just not for what the 4BT equipped vans command.

I'd say it's more the hassles they've encountered in selling to the public at large. And that they're not allowing driveoff / requiring destruction of the things now makes me wonder if it might have been a case of where the van has been described as drivable and then the purchaser has a problem / gets into an accident on the way home, and someone gets all lawyered up and goes after FL.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
    Specialization is for insects.
    - Lazarus Long, as written by Robert A. Heinlein.

Quote Originally Posted by BobS View Post
    You need to first confirm the problem BEFORE you start buying and replacing parts.

Thanks

yeah, I've seen the 6.5 vans sell, too. For less of course like you say. The thing is that was when aluminum was $.70 or so a pound. now that it is $.30/lb who knows what would happen. I could see the whole lawyer problem, too. Mine was listed as being in good running condition and drivable, but it had a horribly worn ball joint that I only found out about when I got in it to drive it.
    Jonny 1983 C-20, 2wd, 6bt, Getrag (sold); 1966, C30 Flat Bed, Cummins in Progress; 1992 Honda Accord
    "Honor.....simply put, A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve is someone who, at one time in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including his life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it."
    -AEC Hundley USNR

Thanks

Glad I got mine 2 years ago. Getting the title from Frito lay was very difficult, many phone calls to them and seeming to be ignored. I had to register mine and use it on the road while I rebuilt axles.
    4BT Jeep Pics http://cid-71b02dc84c7072c.skydrive....owse.aspx/Jeep
    88YJ, 4BT, AX15, NP231J, 3.07 DANA 30F w/Posi-Lok, 35R (Trac-Loc), 32-10.5R 15LT TSL
    My Boat in action http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjb-YTqNHVM

+ Reply to Thread