John Deere 5030; 5cyl 3.0L
4BTSwaps.com is the premier Cummins Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: John Deere 5030; 5cyl 3.0L

Thanks

Default John Deere 5030; 5cyl 3.0L

I came across this engine at the local John Deere dealer as I was interning there. I did some asking and got the engine for next to nothing. The reason I got it was the turbo had siezed. It was running on the oil that leaked past the seals so to shut it off the tech had to krimp the pressure line to the turbo. I will be taking the engine to tech school, taking it all apart,cleaning it and reassembling. It came out of a track skid steer, rated at 82hp @2800 rpm and 210-215lb-ft at 1500rpm. These engines use Stanadyne's IFS(Integrated Fuel System) which is pretty unique. I will post some pictures of it as I work on it but my biggest question right now is what turbo to use. I would like more power so would a turbo from a 3.9L Cummins or Deere work? I have a tech. man. for this engine and I think I can adjust the governor for more fuel. I am planning do an S-10 swap. Mostly city and highway @ 55-60 mph. Or will this engine not work for this app.? Any thoughts would be welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    4BTSwaps.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

I found a section on Garrett's site called turbo tech. They explain turbos and give formulas to calculate points on compressor maps. I used Excel to do the calculations and in the GT series I only found 1-3 turbos that might work but I'm not sure if the exhaust side is too small. That is why I am wondering if a 4bt turbo will work with a smaller turbine housing because it would be a lot cheaper.

Turbo Tech
    http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...ch_center.html

Catalog for GT series
    http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...s/catalog.html

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.