GM Block 6.5 6.2 and Gas to SAE 3 bellhousing
4BTSwaps.com is the premier Cummins Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GM Block 6.5 6.2 and Gas to SAE 3 bellhousing

Thanks

Default GM Block 6.5 6.2 and Gas to SAE 3 bellhousing

I have this adapter here and thought I would share some pictures of it. Was on a chevy engine (pattern: small block, big block, 6.2, 6.5) and gives you SAE #3 on your engine. Had allison auto behind it.

Also I am looking for a bell housing to go from SAE 3 (on Detroit) to NV4500 Trans.

Also does anyone know how much longer the dodge NV input shaft is compared to the GM?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    4BTSwaps.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

heres another I have more photos if anyone is interested in seeing them
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

I've seen the same adapter factory fitted between a 366 tall deck, and an Allison 545.

Thought about using it with my 4BT, but decided that it was just one adapter too many. Seemed pointless to use the GM adapter, and then adapt that to SAE, so I ditched the GM adapter and went straight to an SAE3.

New Registered User
    Thanks

say iwas wondering where you found that gm adapter or are you are willing to part with it?

New Registered User
    Thanks

Default chevy v8 to sae #2 adaptor bellhousing

hi, i am looking for an adaptor bell housing that will fit the back of a chevy small block engine and adapt it to a sae #2 bellhousing. please advise and respond if you have seen one or know someone who would have one. thanks

New Registered User
    Thanks

turn this one around and get a chev pattern 4500 and crank hub spacer

New Registered User
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skooterzkustoms View Post
    turn this one around and get a chev pattern 4500 and crank hub spacer
    Not sure if this is the answer to the same question I'm asking but just to verify....I'm trying to pair a 6.2 GM diesel to a (what I was told )clark 5 speed transmission that mounts to a #2 SAE bellhousing. Can I get some direction on how to make it work? Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DFD2010-A View Post
    Not sure if this is the answer to the same question I'm asking but just to verify....I'm trying to pair a 6.2 GM diesel to a (what I was told )clark 5 speed transmission that mounts to a #2 SAE bellhousing. Can I get some direction on how to make it work? Thanks
    There are adapters for putting an Allison behind a 366 Big Block Chevy....... but I'm not sure which SAE pattern they are. They would have been used in lots of school buses.

Edit: Oops, I guess what I said was already discussed. Nevermind.
    Last edited by 454cid; 01-06-2012 at 01:52 PM.

Thanks

Might want to verify what Clark? you have, before going any farther(OD, direct?) A stock GM bellhousing will go from 6.2 to Clark? w/o any special adapter, unless perhaps the bearing retainer OD is slightly different-lathe work. If you have a Clark? w/ SAE, factory, sounds odd?

New Registered User
    Thanks

I'm wanting to put my Allison at540 on my chevy small block; what adapter is needed, any part #'s pictures , or details are appreciated. Thank you

Thanks

Kingnothing,

Dodge 4500 input is about 1" longer than Chevy, someone(Advance?) makes an adapter to go there.

Thanks

ICAN2----You need exactly what Ed Pruss showed in his 1st post . Allison aplication manuals from the 70s had the part #s needed for adapter,crank hub adapter,flex plates etc. but surely you can find somebody that junks medium duty trucks or school buses and get the stuff cheap .
    In fact ,since you're in Ohio,call Paul's Equipment @330-472-8204 ,address is 8111 Waterloo Rd ,A****er,Ohio,44201 .
    A****er is between Ravenna and Alliance ,west of Canfield,east of Akron. Clear as mud !

Note : Site police will not let me print At water,but on the map,it's a small town .
    Last edited by junkmandan; 01-16-2012 at 06:38 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by junkmandan View Post
    ICAN2----You need exactly what Ed Pruss showed in his 1st post . Allison aplication manuals from the 70s had the part #s needed for adapter,crank hub adapter,flex plates etc. but surely you can find somebody that junks medium duty trucks or school buses and get the stuff cheap .
    In fact ,since you're in Ohio,call Paul's Equipment @330-472-8204 ,address is 8111 Waterloo Rd ,A****er,Ohio,44201 .
    A****er is between Ravenna and Alliance ,west of Canfield,east of Akron. Clear as mud !

Note : Site police will not let me print At water,but on the map,it's a small town .
    Strange on the name not working. Let me help. The website is: http://www.usedschoolbusses.com/
    Wendall Paul Owner
    8111 Waterloo Road
    A t w a t e r, Ohio 44201 Phone: (330)947-1147

OK, I see the reason now.....
    BobS

NRA Life-Patron Member www.nra.org
    Armed people are called citizens. Unarmed people are called subjects.

90 Dodge W250 6BT Cummins 5 speed Getrag
    91 Dodge W250 6BTA Cummins NV-4500 conversion

New Registered User
    Thanks

hola. I need an adapter gm allison trasnmission engine like the foto. please if I can provide a phone number or better yet an email and I am from another country. Venezuela. may be new or used too. thanks

Thanks

Not sure what housings they ran with the allison's, but they did put the RT610-RTO6613 roadrangers behind the 427 chevy's and as far as I know the little roadrangers only came with a SAE#2 housing, so they are out there.
    1993 2wd chevy crewcab dually, P-pumped 6BT, RTO-6610 Roadranger, rear 4-link air ride, 22.5" alcoa's machined down to 22"

+ Reply to Thread