Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

GM Block 6.5 6.2 and Gas to SAE 3 bellhousing

23K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  midniteplowboyy 
#1 ·
I have this adapter here and thought I would share some pictures of it. Was on a chevy engine (pattern: small block, big block, 6.2, 6.5) and gives you SAE #3 on your engine. Had allison auto behind it.

Also I am looking for a bell housing to go from SAE 3 (on Detroit) to NV4500 Trans.

Also does anyone know how much longer the dodge NV input shaft is compared to the GM?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
heres another I have more photos if anyone is interested in seeing them

Attachments

#3 ·
I've seen the same adapter factory fitted between a 366 tall deck, and an Allison 545.

Thought about using it with my 4BT, but decided that it was just one adapter too many. Seemed pointless to use the GM adapter, and then adapt that to SAE, so I ditched the GM adapter and went straight to an SAE3.

#9 ·
Might want to verify what Clark? you have, before going any farther(OD, direct?) A stock GM bellhousing will go from 6.2 to Clark? w/o any special adapter, unless perhaps the bearing retainer OD is slightly different-lathe work. If you have a Clark? w/ SAE, factory, sounds odd?

#12 · (Edited)
ICAN2----You need exactly what Ed Pruss showed in his 1st post . Allison aplication manuals from the 70s had the part #s needed for adapter,crank hub adapter,flex plates etc. but surely you can find somebody that junks medium duty trucks or school buses and get the stuff cheap .
In fact ,since you're in Ohio,call Paul's Equipment @330-472-8204 ,address is 8111 Waterloo Rd ,A****er,Ohio,44201 .
A****er is between Ravenna and Alliance ,west of Canfield,east of Akron. Clear as mud !

Note : Site police will not let me print At water,but on the map,it's a small town .

#15 ·
Not sure what housings they ran with the allison's, but they did put the RT610-RTO6613 roadrangers behind the 427 chevy's and as far as I know the little roadrangers only came with a SAE#2 housing, so they are out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.