Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

4BT radiator hoses

11K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  crobey4393 
#1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know the radiator hose numbers for a 4BT going into a 1986 GMC 3500 truck? I have off the shelf hoses but can not read the numbers.

#2 ·
I made the top from a few misc. peices and some pipe. The bottom is the same....I doubt you will find an off the shelf hose.

#3 ·
I just made the rad hoses for my Jeep yesterday, go to your local parts store and ask if you can go back and look at the hoses, measure connection sizes first, and approx measurements you will need.

The top hose is Autozone number 61252 (I think it is also a Goodyear number too). Fit after trimming a couple inches off the rad end. Engine side is 1.75" ID, rad 1.5" ID.

Lower hose is comprised of two hoses number 61323 is on the engine side (2.25" ID), reduced to 2"). The rad side hose is number 61252 (1.75" ID on each end).

The local plumbing shop hooked up up with a street elbow and reducer which I soldered together, BTW, copper is not cheap $21 for the two pieces.

#7 ·
Wolf,
If your setup is the same as mine, 1977 C/10 then the hoses should be:
Gates Hoses #'s Upper Hose #21729 and Lower # 21731
Hope this helps.
Chuck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.