Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

Bulk Sale of Frito Vans

19K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  daskapitan 
#1 ·
Got this notice from Dove Bid. I don't like the sounds of this for the individual who is trying to get a single van.

Special Terms: Frito Lay Sealed Bid
• Bidders must register for the sealed bid and agree to all terms of sale for bids to be considered valid.
• Bids are due no later than 5:00 PM ET, December 3, 2009.
• Buyers are requested to bid a fixed dollar amount on a per vehicle basis for all vehicles coming from that specific region.
• Any vehicles coming from that region thru December 31 will be awarded to you and you will be expected to fulfill your obligations on them. Your bid is valid thru December 31.
• Payment for the assets forwarded to you will be within 3 business days after award date. Payment must be made within 72 hours.
• Removal for the respective vehicles is expected within 15 business days
• Assets must be towed off, they may not be driven on a public road once they leave the companies premises
• Assets may not be disassembled or parted out while on sellers premises
• All vehicles must be destroyed and Proof of Destruction provided within 45 days of award notification.
• *Proof of destruction entails a digital image of the unit number and a 2 photo’s of the vehicle being destroyed.
• Photos are to be emailed to jonathan.holiday@dovebid.com, Fax Proof of Destruction to: 303 842 1308.
• Failure to meet POD requirements voids obligation of seller to make future awards.
Disclaimer:
• Some vehicles may be missing instrument clusters and door handles
• Frito makes not representation as to the operability of the vehicle
• No Title will be made available to purchaser
Please contact Jonathan Holiday should you have any questions: 310 256-3630, jonathan.holiday@go-dove.com

https://www.go-dove.com/auctions/AuctionDetail.asp?auctionID=12080

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks similar to what they were doing in some areas before they went the DoveBid route.

Oh, and I think they corrected a bit of info:

Bids are due no later than 5:00 PM ET, December 3, 2008.

Since I think this is for the 2009 calendar year.

The no drive-off / must destroy provisions are interesting..

Glad I got mine before this change. I'd intended to buy the van, pull the motor and scrap for Al, but having a self-propelled 8x15 shed has proven just too useful to cut it up.

#4 ·
I bet this has come up because they are having a hard time unloading those gm diesels and vans that are just plain crap.

#5 ·
I've seen those selling, too. Just not for what the 4BT equipped vans command.

I'd say it's more the hassles they've encountered in selling to the public at large. And that they're not allowing driveoff / requiring destruction of the things now makes me wonder if it might have been a case of where the van has been described as drivable and then the purchaser has a problem / gets into an accident on the way home, and someone gets all lawyered up and goes after FL.

#6 ·
yeah, I've seen the 6.5 vans sell, too. For less of course like you say. The thing is that was when aluminum was $.70 or so a pound. now that it is $.30/lb who knows what would happen. I could see the whole lawyer problem, too. Mine was listed as being in good running condition and drivable, but it had a horribly worn ball joint that I only found out about when I got in it to drive it.

#7 ·
Glad I got mine 2 years ago. Getting the title from Frito lay was very difficult, many phone calls to them and seeming to be ignored. I had to register mine and use it on the road while I rebuilt axles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.