I got a start on the project. i stripped down the front cab. I didn't go any further in hopes of a buyer wanted to hear the motor or shift out the tranny. If i don't get a bite soon, i'll just video starting, running, shifting etc. Found some pretty sorry body repair work on the front stub. I knew it was reworked, but someone didn't bother to get it all line up right in the front. Instead they scabbed on the bumper brackets with the use of some bolts welded in to fill the gaps. It is bent in front of the steering framework, but it may be trouble in teh long run. I may take it to a frame shop to see what they say later on. Any suggestions there appreciated.
Notice the bolt on the passenger side welded in and on the above view you can see that the brackets are offset. You can't see the offset when it is all together, but it is there.
ABOVE WAS THE START-- TODAY I FINISHED TAKING MOTOR OUT
I got the engine and tranny out today. There are some do's and don'ts. Do take the throttle body and starter off. The most difficult bolt was from teh passenger side motor mount. I took it out one click at a time. If i had know i was goning to remove the starter, it would not have been so bad. Don't think it will happen in a couple of hours. I almost cut the (pardon the lack of the term) the bar that goes across the front of the truck that is above the core support. The Dodge trucks have that portion of the body that is bolted in. I started to cut it and weld on a flange to reinstall it later, but avoided it thus far. i may do it when i go back in with the 4bt, but my welder is not all that great. the wire feed is eratic. Anyway, i'm still not sure if ill order mounts from Autoworld Montana or reuse the gel mounts from the 4bt. I found an intercooler from a frito-lay van that is top in and out, but i don't know if i would ever find the intake elbow that would fit the tubing. It sure does feel good to have it out and progress underway.
I would pos the pics, but have not more space to do so.