Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

#10 fuel plate

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Blackwaterforge 
#1 ·
Purchased a number 10 fuel plate from a member here. Had it for a while but I have been busy with other projects. Swapped out the fuel plate last weekend. Stock plate was slid all the way to the back. Engine seemed to have a flat spot in acceleration. Swapped fuel plate and the increase in power was very significant but was making lots of smoke. Moved fuel plate to center. Smoked less. Still not making much boost. Today I removed turbo and shortened the wastegate rod 2 1/2 turns. Acceleration much improved. Around 25psi of boost under heavy acceleration. Probably would make more boost if truck was loaded or pulling trailer. Truck makes a puff of smoke and clears up with boost. Very happy with increase in power and acceleration. Hard to believe it is that easy. Engine is stock 4BT with p-pump and aftercooler. Injectors are stock. Thank y’all for all y’all’s help!

#2 ·
Sounds like you're getting it right. The #10 plate probably does good in the stock location. Have you advanced the pump timing any? That can have a significant effect on performance too. Not recommended to go above 16 deg without some other mods. Can pop the head gasket if you get too aggressive. Your boost level sounds good. The stock HX30W turbo can do a little past 30 PSI without being over stressed. Stock injectors are fine unless you're headed into the 250 HP area or more. Then you start thinking twin turbos.

#3 ·
Nice thing about the #10 camplate is it allows so much adjustability without having to adjust the governor arm & the fuel tip in isn't too aggressive. My favourite plate.
The puff of initial smoke has nothing to do with the plate but is the AFC starwheel adjustment. If you need help/instructions I have simple layman instructions here Instructions / Trouble Shooting - DIESELTUFF

Reactions: SUBRUTUS
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.