Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
Those engines are also used in Ford pickup trucks down there. Yeah, Steed is on here. Wonder if he still has that part? Might PM him.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I reached him through a youtube video of his, he said to check with cummins quickserve. Which I still can't make work. You have been the most help so far but cummns said that the part number is obsolete. And they don't know if they can get that here, they will check. I would like a part # that I know is good. A build we did years ago had someone from overseas flowing it. We have the same last name and we are related somehow. He builds toys like this also. I am going to ask him if he would see what he can find. Finally got my steel today.

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
Not really surprised that part may be obsolete. I could find virtually no listings for it. Probably an item that rarely got replaced and many of the applications were overseas. I sent an email to Cummins Atlantic in Charlotte NC to see if they might have one or know of one. Probably won't get a reply until next week.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
That sounds great but cummins hasn't been much help. I think I found a part number 4897763. Found them on the UK ebay but no one wants to ship to the US.

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
Isn't 4897763 a MAP sensor? You can find those all over the place on ebay, amazon, etc. Haven't gotten any replay back for Cummins Atlantic. One thing that came across my thoughts was IVECO. They build engines under Cummins license and it may be possible they had that same intake manifold. Stranger things have happened. Their FPT N45 bears a striking resemblance to the Cummins ISBe. The IVECO engines are found in Case/IH equipment and maybe some vans or trucks. Here's a photo of one of those engines.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
That number came off the bottom of an intake. I think it is a casting number he said it is a part number. from what I understand the cummins and the pacar 3.9 and 4.5 use the same intake. But the iveco 4.5 has some changes. I found them in the UK but no one wants to ship. Here is one in the UK

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
Yes, this virus mess has put a stop on lots of overseas shipments. Even in good times shipments from the UK tend to be expensive.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts