Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Im getting ready to get a 1960 F250 2wd. Truck is in really nice shape exept and has some kind of a V8 and a 3 on the tree. Owner could not tell me the size of the motor and im a chevy man so I couldnt tell you. Just wondering how difficult of a task it would be to put a 4bt and a T19 into this truck. Not going to get to crazy, everything else on the truck will mostly be stock. What do you think?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Since you're going to replace the engine and tranny you shouldn't have any trouble. There should be pleanty of room for the 4bt. Aside from building brackets to mount the motor mounts to the frame, this might be the easiest swap possible. No power steering or power brakes to contend with. I would recommend using an overdrive tranny though. Otherwise you'll be poking around at 50 mph. (which is fine sometimes) Your fuel mileage would be great at that speed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya, I just got done looking it up, it is a 292. There is plenty of room under the hood and its got the old straight axle in the front, so I dont think Ill have to worry about clearance problems to much. If I could find a cheap overdrive tranny, I would definetely go with it. The only reason I was thinking about the T19 is that there a dime a dozen. I live out in the sticks so really, 55mph at around 1800 wouldnt be to bad. I very rarely get on the interstate anyways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts