Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Sorry everyone but I dislike this forum format. The old format was much more user friendly. I hope all of you the best but I’m done on here. Thanks

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
One can post their pictures, click on the 4th icon, first group at the top of this page, even looks like a picture.

Ed

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I was talked back into finishing this thread. So I have some help now to load pictures and what not on this site.(Still not a fan of the new site). But here’s a link to the start up. Yes I know the starter is bad, I have already replaced it.

·
Registered
10,791 Posts
Aha, it lives! Running very smooth and not too much shake on the shut down. A bit quieter than the regular 4bt which is normal for the rear gear train 16 valve engines. Well done.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Finishing up rerouting the upper coolant hose. Used a old wire crimper modified to bead the tubing. Works good for small diameter tube.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Yes on the electric fans. Everything else is electric so why not. LOL. I will be also fitting a fill cap in the upper hose so I can get the air out of the system.

·
Registered
590 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Or you can use on of these with a bleeder valve. They are available in several sizes and are inexpensive.

Thanks. I will save the link to the site. I already have a fill neck with a cap from some circle track parts I have. Maybe in future will get that adapter.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Finishing up some programming on the ecm and I have a fault code 434. It’s a loss of power with key switch still on. Disconnected the battery, I started troubleshooting and find I only have 5000 ohms from positive to negative. I traced it to the alternator, removed the positive cable from it and I have 7 Mohms. The ecm requires greater than 100,000 ohms from positive to negative. So I am going to get a 24SI alternator and give it a try.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Got the new 24SI alternator installed. 185,000 ohms positive to negative now, fault code is gone and everything looks good. Took the old 22SI alternator apart to diagnose and found the internal voltage regulator is failing. Ordered a new voltage regulator and will fix the 22SI and keep on the parts shelf for backup or other projects.

·
Registered
10,791 Posts
Always good to have spare parts. The newer 24si was the latest of that series and has an internal cooling fan which should help with longevity.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
So I am chasing this 434 code again. Anytime I connect to it it goes and throws a 434 code and will stay active. I looked in the fault history and it has happened 68 times. Looks like it was an issue before I got the engine. I’ll be on hunt for a ecm seems like. Code goes away after I disconnect my computer. Maybe I’ll be trying the aftermarket Adaptronic one sooner than I thought. Any of you CR engine guys have an idea?

81 - 100 of 103 Posts