Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
11,345 Posts
OK, found a little info. The W300 master has a bore of 28.58mm and the GM is 18mm. That's a 59% larger bore on the Dodge. If I remember my hydraulics that means you'd only push the pedal less than half the distance to release the clutch. However, the clutch might be a good bit stiffer. What seems interesting is both slaves seem to be around 20mm. Maybe the old Dodge slave needed to travel farther to release.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
OK, found a little info. The W300 master has a bore of 28.58mm and the GM is 18mm. That's a 59% larger bore on the Dodge. If I remember my hydraulics that means you'd only push the pedal less than half the distance to release the clutch. However, the clutch might be a good bit stiffer. What seems interesting is both slaves seem to be around 20mm. Maybe the old Dodge slave needed to travel farther to release.
Charles we also need to remember to include the pedals leverage in the equation however as a general rule the less pedal leverage will also lead to a longer stroke so.............$.02

Reactions: LiveFreeOrDietryn2B

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
All great suggestions guys I am so close to getting it to start I still have some concerns with the IP pump as it was messed with when I got it and with me changing the governor spring out and moving the smoke screw back up as they had it clear to the bottom I just want to make sure that I can get it to a good zero point to adjust it to know exactly what I got and will be very cautious so I don’t have a run away thankfully I have my son to help and will have it test running out of a jerry can first so I can just pull out the line and will have a block too to choke the air off if need be the power screw was only moved out not in when I put it back together to make sure I didn’t cause too much fuel and I didn’t do a full tear down

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Well guys the transmission is almost done. That was one hell of a fight I had to weld a bead on the Input bearing race to get it out. I also had to reuse a race because the new one was a 1/16” to wide and was binding the old one fit the new bearing just fine. I also had no endplay on both shafts shims would bind it. It turns as smooth as butter. I have everything to put the clutch and flywheel on and had my starter rebuilt. I’m getting ready to start mocking up the P30 radiator my fenders,hood and grill to see if I can use a flex-a-lite nylon fan like I have in my other military truck. I don’t want an electric fan because I like to have a stereo system in my trucks and don’t want the extra load on my alternator. I also have to look at how the Edlebrock intercooler I bought with need to be plumbed. I’ll have to get some videos up of my progress.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts