Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Well guys it's been awhile since I've been on. So I've gotten to the point of wiring things up the truck runs very well almost ready to move under its own power. I still can't figure out why my GM NV4500 doesn't like going into second unless I slip the clutch when running all other gears are fine has all new synchros seals bearings and input shaft may just need run. I am using Auber Gauge's and some SSRs to run the cooling fan and the water injection. I have the seat frame fabbed in. I have the exhaust stacks and exhaust all in just need to finish tightening everything up. I finally have the rare Dodge long stepside bed I went to Kansas to get. I have to get it ready but want the truck running and driving first have the brakes all figured out. The shocks as well. I also got my steering stuff done. I also have my custom fuel tank in and the fuel gauge working. I also have the alternator installed with the resistor. I also have the new windshield gasket in as well a crap ton done and still some stuff to finish.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Well here's a video of the truck running & driving.
I still have a bunch of wiring to do. I am using an absolute pressure sensor for the boost. I tested it earlier today after I got the boost gauge programmed correct I was seeing 16+ PSI boost with the power screw butted to the tamper ring. I will be removing it and bumping the fuel up 1 to 1 1/2 turns. The stock turbo I modified with the 12cm wastegate housing and the billet wheel that is smaller and the upgraded bearings and seals seems to work well. I only spun the fuel pin and adjusted the star wheel not gonna touch the smoke screw not into wasting money rolling coal. I also have the 3200 gov spring. So far the custom power steering ,axles and driveshafts are doing fine. I also have the bed PTO winch bumpers and things to work on. So far so good atleast I hope.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Well guys turned the fuel up 1 1/2 turns and she hauls a** the stock turbo I modified is making 30psi of boost at 2/3 to 3/4 pedal scary fast. Spools up fast n loads of torque.

101 - 108 of 108 Posts