Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I made the final decision and sold all my 408 ford stroker windsor parts to start to fund my build. So what I am working with is a 1972 Ford Bronco and the motor I will be using is a 1993 4BT w/ an intercooler and a th400 (Stak later on). For my suspension I just got done building a 4link in the rear and a 3link in the front. As for the axles HP60 front and 10.25 sterling disker in the rear, thinking about running 456 gears and 42inch Iroks on 20inch Classic II wheels. In the process of rebuilding the head, new injectors, HE351 turbo, and ARP head studs for the motor. Here are a few pics of the bronco :rasta:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh dont mind the JEEP EATR sticker lol

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Whose disk brake kit or parts did you use to convert the 10.25 from drums? I am using the same diffs in my TJ and would like rear disk brakes too.
I used 94 E350 van dana 60 rear rotors and half ton GM calipers and had Jeff at Ballistic Fabrication make me some caliper brackets. Here are a few pics of the slow as hell progress..

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I scrapped the th400 idea and bought a whole nv4500 4x4 setup. No joke rebuilt transmission, shifter, all the boots, bellhousing, adapter plate, clutch master cylinder, t case, driveshafts, starter and all hardware. 1000 dollars :grinpimp:, got the motor mounts 90% finished and mounted the 42in Iroks on the 17in Mickey Thompson 2`s pictures to follow this weekend...

JR

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
thanks bro.. Here is a few pics on the motor installed. All I need to do now is pull it out add seals and paint it up and then start on plumbing everything in.. Still have to finish welding the frame side brackets and make some gussets for the sides. Time and money thats all it takes ;)

JR

·
Registered
19 Posts
not to burst your bubble but those motor mounts might be to stiff. i did the same thing in my 69 bronco with sping eye bushings from a superduty's rear springs. they ended up being much to stiff and shook the sh#@! out of the frame. I would look into using the mounts from the van, before you get to crazy with it. sorry to discourage you, but i don't want you to go through the same head aces that i did. good luck and keep us posted

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Really?! Wow yea I was kind of worried about that... Thanks for the heads up..

·
Registered
224 Posts
yeah my first mounts i used urethane eye bushings like that as well...shook the piss out of my truck as well. even took them out and drilled a bunch of little holes through them, didnt help much at all. i then went with first gen dodge mounts...helped a bunch, but could see the engine moving too much for my liking when bouncing around some rough stuff out in the desert. so now im on to my third try with second gen dodge mounts...actual tests coming soon.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i'm now using a sort of chessed version of the newer round style 6bt mounts. i plan on useing the fluid filled mounts as soon as i can find a set for less than my arm and leg.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What about running the hydraulic mounts off the 90`s broncos that are liquid filled? I hear they work well and are smaller which makes it easier to adapt into the bronco frame.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
New toy for the Bronco... Bought a Rubicon tcase (np241j w/ 4:1 low range) and swapped out the mainshafts. :beer:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts