Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Vendor
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Sorry for all the suspense, I've been busy.:happyfinger:

Frame came back from powdercoat, reassembled into a rolling chassis, stainless exhaust was also coated with ceramic coating

Anything that wasn't powdercoated was painted before final assembly. Brake lines were routed, in preparation of the final plumbing

·
Vendor
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
I've slowly been putting this scout back together. Hose, new parts and nos everywhere...from the clips that hold on the defroster duct to windshield wiper motor, everything is new or rebuilt.

AC and heater lines, loosely routed while brackets to fasten everything in place are made

power steering and arb compressor tucked into the corner

Ac unit in place, I still need to build a kick panel for the hoses

The dash is ready for wiring

·
Registered
206 Posts
Dammit Rob, it just ain't fair. I wish I had even 10% of your ability :)

Beautiful workmanship. Sure wish I had something like that up here.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I wish I had 10% of the TIME it takes to do that level of beautiful workmanship!

·
Vendor
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Any updates on this rig? Such an outstanding build and craftsmanship, I'd love to see the end result.
Slowly but surely it is getting done....it is at wiring now, windows and glass are in (finding sliding window seals for the a traveler turned out to be a nightmare). All the little add on bits that come in at the last minute are done. I will keep posting pics as I get the time...

I ran the fuel lines and rear brake line through the trans tunnel, using line clamps I machined out of plastic. It allowed them the greatest protection, and kept them as far from the exhaust as possible.

121 - 131 of 131 Posts