Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11,224 Posts
Can understand budgets. A diesel conversion can play havoc with one. A few things to keep in you potential to do list. One would be get rid of that tilted, angled exhaust manifold. That unit came on the CPL767 used in Ford E350 vans. Cummins discovered that the tilt caused premature failure to turbo bearings and seals. Other Ford vans wound up with a top center mounted turbo. A second would be a better turbo. That small H1C was OK for the base 105 HP but doesn't have a lot of potential much beyond that. It's just an antiquated design and not much way to improve on it. A turbo from the HX30W series would be light years better. And as I mentioned, any power plans beyond stock will need an intercooler. If you haven't driven diesels before, be patient. They build power a bit slower than gas engines but that incredible torque is like a giant hand pushing you. Guys often take off an leave me in their smoke but I often catch them or pass them when they caught a stop light.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Update windows still havent arrived so had time to get the front end prepped and painted along with some badges and head light buckets. headlights arrived today so font end should all be bolted up real soon just need to reseal injection pump since it developed a leak.
20200215_154603.jpg
20200219_171958.jpg
20200222_162152.jpg
20200118_140635.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Finally got word that windows are in after a little over a month truck will be picked up tomorrow for install. We will see how long it takes them to bust this one out.
Fenders and hood are on and aligned to the best of my ability. Interior should be in soon and electrical should be a big task its self
20200307_131525.jpg
20200307_131413.jpg

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
I know this forum is about 4bt engine swaps, but your "windows" have peaked my interest. Can you elaborate more? I guess this is sounding stupid, but did you have them custom made? All 4?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts