Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new to this forum...but not new to the 4bt....i have never had one..but have been wanting one for years...so here is the questions....i was wondering if a 4bt would be able to fit into my 1980 yota 4x4's engine bay...it seems small...but i have seen v6's fit...next question is...how much would it cost to get my hand on a rebuilt 4bt....what size exhaust are you guys running...thanks for all the info

·
Administrator
1,447 Posts
Use the Search, Luke!

Where there's a will, and a sawzall, there's a way..

CrewCab59 is apparently working on a 4BT swap into that era Toy. I can't say where / how it is, as I've still not managed to get my lazy backside over to his shop yet..

Cheapest way for most folks to get a 4BT is to get a bread van w/ one in it, but there are some good ones for sale here and other places. I believe CrewCab59 has one or two right now, too..

I think most folks are running 3" exhaust, but some are using 4". I've got the feeling that you'll be going 3" with a Toy, if just to help clearance issues.

As always: Use the Search!

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
im new to this forum...but not new to the 4bt....i have never had one..but have been wanting one for years...so here is the questions....i was wondering if a 4bt would be able to fit into my 1980 yota 4x4's engine bay...it seems small...but i have seen v6's fit...next question is...how much would it cost to get my hand on a rebuilt 4bt....what size exhaust are you guys running...thanks for all the info
They fit like some other small trucks ,tight but works well if you plan out where you want things to go ect.

I do have engine in stock /or complete trucks.

3'' is a good size ,most will have to 3'' to clear the fire wall.

They sould need rebuilt unless they have high miles or wasn't taken care of.I try to stock all low mile engines.

Scott

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Where there's a will, and a sawzall, there's a way..

CrewCab59 is apparently working on a 4BT swap into that era Toy. I can't say where / how it is, as I've still not managed to get my lazy backside over to his shop yet..

Cheapest way for most folks to get a 4BT is to get a bread van w/ one in it, but there are some good ones for sale here and other places. I believe CrewCab59 has one or two right now, too..

I think most folks are running 3" exhaust, but some are using 4". I've got the feeling that you'll be going 3" with a Toy, if just to help clearance issues.

As always: Use the Search!
LOL , he act as if 15 min is a long drive to get over here.Come on man you know you want to come over .:dustin:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just wondering on how much you would be wanting for that 4bt of yours.....i would LOVE to have the added power and mileage of a 4bt....besides that...i am already making BioDiesel...so i would be getting VERY good mileage...lol...at 60 cents a gallon...bout the best thing to have is a diesel...lol...and besides just the cost of the 4bt...about how much would it cost to do the install...(idk if i would do it myself...or have a shop do it)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts