Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its all done and here it is. I know "Hot Dawg" has been wanting to post pics so here ya go.

He was shipped out to Korea and handed me the keys before he blew out. Its been a blast to drive and it gets 25+ miles to the gallon

It was born as a 6 banger then the natural course most take......V8 then now its found its calling as a Cummins powered Chevy.

Its got a Dana 60 front with crossover steering and a 14 FF rear 4:56 gears with custom made H1 beadlocks wrapped with 37" MTs.

Custom Airbag suspension and a shot of the x-over steering

And of course the 4bt: Pump maxed, timing maxed, Denny T power pin, POD injectors, HY35/9cm, Ist gen exhaust lobbed and welded, "Hot Dawg" custom intercooler setup with homebrew pipes, stacked with a John Deere muffler

Ive enjoy driving around in it, it gets looks everywhere I go. It has several "V8 diesel" kills to its name and will hang with traffic like a champ. Hot Dawg did a great job.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More

Heres a shot of the intercooler

The other side of it

The lobbed 6bt manifold

Custom made rear bumber

·
Registered
228 Posts
Thanx Denny T!!! Brings a tear to my eye! Can't wait to come see everybody in May!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Chevy conversion project

:jeep2:

Hey HotDawg & DennyT.......Great Pics.

I will get your decals out to you soon DennyT. It's real easy to change colors, sizes etc... while I have everything cranked up so give me any order changes and I will get them shipped out.

Congratulations Hotdawg for winning the 'best of show'.

See everyone in May!

Becker (Custom Lettering & Signs)

·
Premium Member
1989 Jeep Wagoneer, 360v8, 727, stock for now,
2,708 Posts
Hot Dawg,
Sure looks good, you'll have to bring it back to AZ so we can do some real rock crawling.

Steve

·
Registered
3 Posts
engine mounts??

Hello new to this site , I wish to know what type of engine mounts were used I am trying the same install with an 88 Blazer the 4bt came out of a tater chip truck it has these big round mounts what did you use and does the engine sit level from front to back,and side to side?? thanks,
rockramcharger

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm curious about the motor mounts too. Also, do you have a body lift? How is the clearance on the engine crossmember?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hey RockRamCharger,
If I were you I would use the "P-30" round mounts that you have. I used jeep CJ mounts and it vibes quite a bit, I'm planning on getting some tater chip van mounts to put in mine when I get back. As for the motor, it sits level side to side but sits lower in the back than the front. Did it that way so that my driveline angle would be better and the trans tunnel is shallower than a dodge.

PGW,
I have lots of room under there, but these 5 speeds are purdy tall. I mounted everything as high as I could get it. No body lift at all. I don't have a engine crossmember yet, still haven't fabbed one up. The stock one has been gone a long time, had to trash it when I did the crossover steering. I built one to go under my small block back then. I'll build one and put it in eventually.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Thanx Steve,

Got to get it ready for the S. Carolina mud. If I pass through Phoenix on my way to Texas I'll contact ya. I got to drive my Dodge from Vegas to S. Carolina when I get back. Can't wait!!!

P.S. How is the Willy's coming along? Done your axle swap on the Scout yet???

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Heres a shot of the passenger side mount

Like the Dawg said its rough. I messed with the pump again this weekend (less fuel) and it dropped the idle to about 650-700, I thought the windshield was going to fall out of it. I had to jump the idle up mechanically ASAP or stuff was going to start falling off.

Im also using the P30 mounts on my conversion. The only snag folks run into is that the P30's are 5" tall from mounting surface to surface. New ones are even taller, so hood room and axle (xmember clearance) are big issues.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Thanks for standing to serve our country, Hot Dawg! Truck looks great, mighty fine job you guys did. Thanks for posting pics and helping out, Denny T. Friends helping friends, not sure it gets any better than that! Good job guys....

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Yeah anytime! Hot Dawg and I are brothers from different mothers, I cant wait for him to get back, we have P-Pumps to build, diesels to bomb and lots and lots of 4 wheelin to catch up on.

I guess its ok to rob my own thread so heres just an example of how bad we're eatin' up with it.

Its in the family, Hot Dawgs mom flexin' out her Jeep in the driveway.
She can tear up the trails with the best of em.

Our piles we thrash the country side in, mine on the left, Hot Dawgs on the right.

Hot Dawgs 440 powered duster (soon to be 400hp+ P-Pump) widdlin out a new creek.

Hot Dawgs Chevy, searchin for treasure out in the lake........

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
And of course how can you be best buds without identical 1st gen W250 LE Extended cabs..........

That should give you something to look at Hot Dawg, keep ya going out in Korea...........

·
Registered
228 Posts
Thanx Becker (Mom)!!!

Thanx Jimmie D!!!

Good pics Denny T!!! Brings back a lot of good memories!!!! Can't wait to get back and start playing again! We got alot of catchin up to do. Here's to havin' the best friend in the world!!!:beer: :beer:

Those MTs look awsome on your 1st Gen!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Those MTs look awsome on your 1st Gen!!!
Hey Thanks! Im going with either TOYO Mts or BFG Mts next time around. The pro comps have been good, but they are just a touch soft. I like thicker sidewalls. Its a little fishy when hauling a gooseneck.

Picking up Project "blue J" tomorrow in north Texas. Growing up HARDCORE binder I never thought I would own a J$$P.

·
Registered
228 Posts
And now you have 2 of them :dustin:

·
Registered
228 Posts
We used the Getrag 5 speed out of my 93 Dodge. Swapped the backing plate, flywheel, clutch, bellhousing, and tranny. Behind that we used a Dana 300 transfer case. Put a JB Conversions 29 spline input shaft in the Dana 300 so it would fit the Getrag.

·
Registered
228 Posts
One of my Favorite pics. Just after me and Denny T mounted up the 37 MTRs and hummer rims!

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
air bag and leafs

Can you tell me about the airbags over leaf spring setup. I like this setup to get a lifted truck in and out of my garage.

Brad

1 - 20 of 38 Posts