Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just a tease. The actual work will begin in January 2020.
Had the Ppump 4BT for several years, finely got around to the initial start up, it lives!

Start up after priming

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Sweet success

·
Premium Member
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sweet success
Yes it is, thanks.
Read back through some old posts and found out that I had bought this engine in August of 2014 (5 years ago). Refreshed some gaskets at the time and it's been sitting since then. I did occasionally turn the crank over by hand at least once a year.
The plan for the Wagoneer is:
Keep the 3.31 geared D44's.
Upgrade the p235/75R15 to LT's slightly bigger. Wife wants to keep the alloy rims.
Use a Diesel A518/46RH trans.
Use the Atlas Tcase 3:1 we bought 5 years ago.
Probably will have to do a 4" spring lift to clear front diff.
Other wise keep it looking stock as we can.
Heres the wagoneer the day I bought it;

Attachments

·
Registered
10,776 Posts
Very nice looking Jeep. Have you considered using the A618/47RH transmission. It would give you a lock up converter and better fuel mileage if any long distance trips were in the plans. If it's going to be mostly short hauls then the A518/46RH would do OK. That one can be converted to a lock up as the gas models had it, but not sure what all would be involved there.

·
Premium Member
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes did look at the 47RH. But came across the first 46rh for almost free, couldn't turn it down. Went to buy a 47rh but seller didn't know what he had, turned out to be a 46rh. Dropped his price and now I have 2 of them. Now that I'm "retired" not doing the long haul 46rh will do. Yes I've know about the conversion of the 46rh to lockup but the price of the torque converter turns me off.
My 91.5 Dodge Diesel, auto, W250 get around 16 mpg so I figure the Wagoneer mileage should be close to 20. I can live with that.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Nice waggy, I have an 89 gold exterior with sand interior. Mines got a p-pump 6bt with a 727, swapping a 47rh 241dld soon! With the 3 speed I am seeing 18-20 mpg. Stock 44s with 3.31s and 33s

Ken

·
Premium Member
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice waggy, I have an 89 gold exterior with sand interior. Mines got a p-pump 6bt with a 727, swapping a 47rh 241dld soon! With the 3 speed I am seeing 18-20 mpg. Stock 44s with 3.31s and 33s
Ken
Thanks,
I do remember looking at your recent post, clean wagoneer. A 6b and a winch up front, what more could you ask for.

·
Premium Member
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After all that talk, no land cruiser? For shame.
This one is "hers", there's still hope for a LC.
After looking over the specs for all the LC's I've settled on a FJ62 for the swap. It's going to come down to available and price. Right now no Wagoneers or FJ62 in AZ for sale that I'd consider. There's still hope for a LC.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts