Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Super Moderator
9,683 Posts
T3 is the most universal turbo flange for this size engine. If you are fabricating I would fabricate to T3 and run an adapter to T4 if you're bolting up the factory turbo.

Future proofing.

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Thanks again for you help, and what you say makes sense now, after seeing the T4 to T3 adapters all over. Trying to use the stock manifold, pushes the turbo closer
to the steering shaft. the 45 angled stock manifolds are hard to find, this aint no CUMMINS, bigger chunk of iron. :)

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
UPDATE, the SS 90 degree elbow I have ordered is T4 to T3 , so the HX30 turbo,s are not that easy to find, so I pulled the HX35W of the 24V Cummins I have for sale, and
will use that, together with a 30 percent increase in fuel. I should have some pics early next week.

Thanks , Steve

· Super Moderator
9,683 Posts
UPDATE, the SS 90 degree elbow I have ordered is T4 to T3 , so the HX30 turbo,s are not that easy to find, so I pulled the HX35W of the 24V Cummins I have for sale, and
will use that, together with a 30 percent increase in fuel. I should have some pics early next week.

Thanks , Steve
HX35 is too big for these engines and won't make much boost until very high rpm. The HX30 is a lot more active.

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
HX35 is too big for these engines and won't make much boost until very high rpm. The HX30 is a lot more active.
Well this subject has a lot of content on this site. Some have had GOOD luck with using it, but I realize there
are lots of variables. If nothing else, I will have a T3 mount for playing.

Attachments

21 - 33 of 33 Posts