Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
About 10 years ago, I bought a 1990 Winnebago W850 Route Van (stepvan) to serve as a mobile garage for my Honda S2000. The van worked marvelously. When I sold the Honda, I toyed with the idea of selling the van, but the damn thing just ran so well that I couldn't make myself part with it for the offers I was receiving. Later, the van once again became a mobile garage for my Porsche 968. I still have the Porsche, but I now have sufficient garage space, so once again I'm entertaining offers on the W850.

This truly is a cool bread truck...and the Cummins 4BT is only part of it. It's mated to a Chrysler 727 automatic transmission, has cold air conditioning and four reasonably new Goodyear G159s. But the coolest part is this: it has four-wheel independent suspension and four-wheel disc brakes. How is that, you ask? Because this van is front-wheel-drive...that's right...the power goes to the front wheels through a ZF geared transfer case! Winnebago only made a few hundred of these and you rarely see one for sale anywhere. You can look at the spec sheet on the van by pulling up a brochure on ebay, just type in 1990 Winnebago Route Van.

The van looks really good because of it's aluminum skin, and I drove it from Atlanta, Georgia to Racine, Wisconsin just a month ago without a single problem. It's not fast, but pushing all that air it still managed 65 mph when the road was level and it wasn't plowing into a strong head-wind.

OK...now you're gonna go nuts! The van has less than 25,000 miles! No poop.

I'll entertain reasonable offers. I like old motorcycles, young women and expensive wine. I also have a quirky affinity for rotary engines.

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Are you trying to sell this,or what??Do you have photos?
It has to be a WANT TO TRADE otherwise it goes away because listing a FOR SALE item in the WTB/WTT rules. If it gets listed as trade for money it will also go away.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Because I am a new member, I have not yet met the thresholds to post this van for sale. Maybe we can talk about a cash offer in 19 days....for right now I'm looking for interesting trades of equal value.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In order to comply with the rules of the forum, I cannot suggest a dollar amount until I've been a member of the forum for 20 days, at which time I'll post it "FOR SALE". It is certainly a four digit number, though (fractions excluded, of course). Trying looking around stepvans.com

·
Registered
79 Posts
PICS!!!! please

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think I've been a member long enough to post pics here. I will forward the pics I have in response to PMs.

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Because I am a new member, I have not yet met the thresholds to post this van for sale. Maybe we can talk about a cash offer in 19 days....for right now I'm looking for interesting trades of equal value.
You may want to also post an introduction and join in some conversations to increase your post count which is also required when posting an item as for sale. It's generally easier to deal with somebody everybody knows than when somebody just shows up trying to sell something.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you. If I decide to keep this van, I expect I'll be a regular visitor. I'm impressed by the performance potential of this little motor. Some additional torque and horsepower might make all the difference.

·
'69 FJ55 Land Cruiser
1,660 Posts
I'm OK with this and good luck with the sale. The reason we have the 20 post minimum is to stop people from joining to sell, and that being the only reason. We want "contributors" to the site that than people who come and go only to sell things. My vote is post up some pics about your Porsche in the other projects section, so we can see pics, and you can post this in the real classifieds where everyone will look. :) I'd also like to see more of a writeup on the vehicle as I've never seen a Winnebago with a 4BT. It must have been a repower.

thanks,
Andre

1 - 14 of 14 Posts