Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Can anyone tell me how much voltage the TPS needs on a stock 1993 Cummins TPS? Maybe someone can post a copy of the shop manual with that info or use a mutimeter to see what voltage is on thier truck. Also, Im looking for the TPS pigtail if anyone has one I'd like to buy it. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I can only advise you to search the Diesel Truck Resource for the info your looking for. There will be a ton of Threads on the subject. The TPS are a known issue amongst Dodge Cummins owners. Look in the (stickies, FAQ etc.). I would also recommend searching Potentiometer on that site, it replaces the TPS, is a fraction of the cost if replacement is in order and is more adjustable. I have an A518 project in the works and I plan on using a potentiometer instead of the TPS. Good luck, the info is out there.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I did search here, but no luck. Then I googled and found "Genos garage" I think its part of TDR. The info I needed was there. Fyi voltage starts at 1.2V at idle and go's 5V at WOT.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The input on the reference wire should be no more than 5 volts. The output to the computer will vary from about 1 volt or a little less to about 4.8 volts at wide open throttle.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You want to set it around 1.0 volts(switch on engine off), set your multimeter where it reads three decimal places.

Here is piers' excellent instructions. Enjoy.

Mikey

1 - 5 of 5 Posts