Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

181 - 186 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
I got to spend a little time with the ole Bronco this past weekend. I am trying to get to a point where it's taking up the least amount of space so that I can put it on hold for a few months while I take care of some home remodeling. In order to do that, I needed to get the tub flipped around in the garage so that it can be wheeled out into the driveway for pressure washing and coating the undercarriage.

I used some old bunks I had left over from my boat trailer which I cut, measured and drilled to line up with the body mount holes and then bolted it all together with casters. Lowered it down off the stands I had it on, and voila, we were mobile again.

I also got the front axle, suspension, and steering fully assembled so I removed the engine stand on that end and bolted up some wheels and tires.

I now need to gut the interior before I can move forward with pressure washing. Couple of pics for ya'll.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
Busy weekend in the garage this past weekend. I got the tub flipped around in the garage and lifted it back up on stands, high enough this time that I could slide the frame underneath it where it unfortunately will sit idle until July while I take care of some other priorities.

Then, a couple of weeks ago I picked up this crew cab 97 F250 to drive and get my OBS fix while the Bronco is under the knife. It's a 2WD 7.3 Powerstroke with the E4OD. One previous owner truck out of Texas which is completely rust free.

However, it did have some bad bed damage from a gooseneck trailer. The passenger side bed cap was crushed in, and the tailgate was gone. I tried to find a rust free replacement, but in MO that is a unicorn I couldn't find. However, during my search I came across a flareside F150 which I picked up for $400. And since I have always liked flaresides, I decided to make it happen.

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I love the look and I am not worried about the loss of bed space. Pretty stoked with how it turned out and will take it in for paint sometime soon here.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
Now you'll have everyone on the road trying to figure that out. Looks like a dually, but it's single wheels. Nice mod.
lol yeah it gets a few confused looks, but not as many as a diesel Bronco. I need to find some time to get it painted all one color. I can't wait for July to get here so I can get back to work on the Bronco.

181 - 186 of 186 Posts