Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

It seems like the ram 1500 threads are getting outdated and I was wondering if there were any new updates or vendors that make customized parts/engine mounts/accesory mounts?

So far my concerns are
-Engine mounts to work with frame/brakes/starter/intake/turbo placement. Is there a "best" way to do it?
-47rh
--Is it best to shift OD and engage lockup with toggle switches?

-how do you rig up the mechanical throttle?

I have many questions and am learning/researching many hours a week on limited internet access, any help is greatly appreciated!

Jake

1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Ext Cab 360/46re and 168k miles. Engine is on borrowed time with oil pressure issues :(

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump for the edit

Built 47rh transaction is pending, still looking for my motor :D

·
Registered
384 Posts
I am in the VERY begining stages of putting an Isuzu 4BD1T into a Dodge 1/2 ton 4x4. I am going to be running a Dodge 47RH transmission behind it. dieseltim on the forum is making an adaptor that will mount the 4BD1T to the dodge transmission. The 47RH transmission is a hydraulic overdrive transmission, and you can put the lock up on a switch. I am not sure on the throttle yet, haven't gotten that far, but I am sure FAB work will have to be done. What engine are you planning on running in your swap ? To my knowledge, motor mounts will for sure have to be FAB'd but that isn't too bad.
Sorry, not much help, but I am not very far in my own as of yet.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I am in the VERY begining stages of putting an Isuzu 4BD1T into a Dodge 1/2 ton 4x4. I am going to be running a Dodge 47RH transmission behind it. dieseltim on the forum is making an adaptor that will mount the 4BD1T to the dodge transmission. The 47RH transmission is a hydraulic overdrive transmission, and you can put the lock up on a switch. I am not sure on the throttle yet, haven't gotten that far, but I am sure FAB work will have to be done. What engine are you planning on running in your swap ? To my knowledge, motor mounts will for sure have to be FAB'd but that isn't too bad.
Sorry, not much help, but I am not very far in my own as of yet.
Im hoping to pick up a 4bt for a "less than outrageous" price lol.

I will ask you what youre doing with your tranny mount... did your 1/2 ton have a 46re? looks like the crossmember should be easy to move around with a couple extra holes along the frame in mine

Figured out what needs to be done with the tcase to hook the 4x4 back up when youre done? I have been taking measurements and pictures the last few days

EDIT: If anyone searches here, look up my thread for more Q/As http://www.4btswaps.com/forum/showthread.php?24838-1998-Dodge-Ram-1500-4x4-In-Progress

1 - 4 of 4 Posts