Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody here done one, put a diesel into a Amigo??? If so, Will the NPR or whatever motor be able to utilize the transmission and transfer case already in it.....

·
Registered
720 Posts
I believe if you used an isuzu 2.2 + 5 speed from a pup or trooper it would almost all bolt up, starting with a 5 speed amigo would help.
I have a pup 2.2 turbo engine and transmission+tcase in my garage right now- probably going to sell, but was thinking about doing a trooper conversion. I know this engine/tranny/tcase setup will bolt in to earlier troopers, not 100% on what years, or what differences are between the two trucks..

·
Super Moderator
8,737 Posts
NPR motor isn't going to fit. The Isuzu 4JB1T is ideal, the 4JG2T is probably more common but not as bullet-proof. Both were factory options in other parts of the world.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
i have recently seen one with a 79hp 2.5L 4ja1, non-turbo, quite underpowered for american standards but still better than the 2.2L c223... 3.1L 4jg2 is also not a bad option but the 2.8L 4jb1-t is die-hard... these would be easier to fit than a 4bd out of the npr... another option would be the c240...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts