Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to diesel and am looking for helpful advice and suggestions. I have a 2004 F150 FX4 5.4 with 3.73 gears. I've been wanting to put a 4bt in it for a while. My local junk yard wants 700 for a 4bt off a stick duelly. Was wondering if it would work with an auto trans. My buddy told me if I do the swap to get a HY35 turbo for it. I was also wondering what parts I would need to make/buy to get it to run properly and anything else that is helpful is greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Go to the stickies and start reading. All the info you could possibly need and more is there. No one is going to spoon feed it to you.

Dave

·
Registered
238 Posts
$700 for a 4BT set up for stick trans ?, id like to have a spare eng; X2 what LONNO said ,this site & and the Stickeys is what pushed me to undertake a 4BTA swap into my 83' Chevy K20, now that its been on the road for about 7 months , it was definatly the right choice, 22-23 MPG in a 6200 lb BRICK

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
That first answer at one time would have been similar to my answer, and I've given answers like that. Yes, do your part, because it's going to involve so much effort on your end that the information gathering is the least of your problems.

However, that said, I recall how much help and info I got from members here, especially one in particular, plus another couple of Dodge Diesel websites, so I'm a little less likely these days to whack ya up the side of the head. Most important for you and your ongoing and eventual happiness to understand, this is a BIG JOB!
Check the Buildup threads for similar builds and the Technical section for countless info threads and get yourself prepared for what lies ahead. If you're not a pretty good mechanic already I wouldn't really suggest you even consider it, you'll see from reading. Best to ya, hope it works out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts