Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend with '95 yota, not sure the model. It is a 4x4 with a very sick v-6. Talked about a diesel for 2 years, finally stumbled across a 2.2SE runner. Is there an adapter for this, or will I have to fab one up?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Its most likely going to have to be fab'd, it will probably be a little difficult to mate up but thats going to happen with most swaps. One problem will be if you are pulling this engine from its original thermo-king habitat, the injector pump is set to a certain rpm for the reefer unit. so you'll have to play with pump a bit and come up with a throttle system, thats a little over my head at the moment, just recently started playing with these c201. just remember their power is something like 28-38 horses at 2800rpm (dont hold me to it) but that opens up some turbo ideas... so I think that would be a really exciting swap. Its an amazing little engine, direct inj, gear driven cam, bullet proof inj pump.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the response, I have more questions. Can anyone tell me the differences between the 2.2se and the c223? And I have a 5 speed trans from a mid 80's to early 90's 4 Runner. Would this trans have the same bolt pattern as the '95 5 speed in the pickup?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.