Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. New to the site. I have come to the realization that I may need a new truck or new engine in the near future. At the moment, I can't think of any other truck I would like to have that has a v6. As you may know, the stock 4.0 in the truck has its complications. If the case is that I need to do the swap, I would like to do some kind of 4 cylinder diesel into my truck. I see that the 4bt is popular, and is also capable of being used in 4wd applications. However, I would like it to be automatic, as I drive it everyday. I have 33s on it with a mild lift. Don't really plan on doing any wheeling with it. It might become a tow pig someday. If possible and affordable, I would like to get a turbo version of the 4bt. Last but not least, I would like to maintain all if not most of the electronic controls in the gauges, 4wd controls, trans, etc even if I have to adapt sensors and wiring harnesses from other vehicles to make it work. Let me know what you guys think. It doesn't seem like the most unheard of thing. I just haven't seen it done both automatic and 4wd in a truck like mine. Thanks in advance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts