Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had a different truck my engine was in and I swapped my 4bt into here.
ve pump 4bt with nv4500 and stock bw4406 t case. I've got awd, 4hi and 4low. limited slip front and back, lifted 4 inches and 35s. 3.73 gears.
front winch and rear tire swing out.
I still need to finish a/c hoses and I want to build some kind of roof rack this winter.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks! I'm gonna start with the beginning with some more info if someone wants to swap a 4bt in a f150 or expedition of the same year.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is the truck when I got it July 2019. All stock, 260,000 kms. under 1700$, gas was crazy expensive at the time so it was cheaper. My plan was to build a mild 4x4er, daily driver and a truck that can tow a bit as well. I made sure it had the correct gear ratio so I didn't have to swap gears as that seems to get expensive.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The biggest issue with the 4bt swap in these 1/2 ton f150s is the tall 4bt comes into contact with the front axle(oil pan). Ive seen several swaps started and not finished due to this issue. It is possible to do get a 4bt to fit and modify the pan without lifting but id say the easiest way to solve the clearance issue is to do a bracket lift or body lift. I did a 4 inch rough country bracket lift.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts