Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 F-150 that I’m swapping in a Sterling 10.50” from an ‘07 Super Duty in the rear.

What leaf springs do y’all use for y’all’s swaps?

I don’t want to use the SuperDuty springs, too stiff. But the F-150 springs have 2 center bolts, while the Sterling only has a 1 hole for accept 1 center bolt. I don’t think I can drill a new hole through all the springs packs make it work.

Besides getting custom springs made from Deaver/Atlas/etc, what other option do I have?

Specs I need are 3” wide springs, 55” eye to eye, 11” arch to give me about 6” lift over stock.

·
Registered
10,655 Posts
Yeah, Superduty springs will be stiff since they are designed to carry heavy loads. There is a company called Sulastic that makes special shackles for truck leaf springs that tames the ride quality. With those you could use the HD springs but the ride would feel very soft. I have a set on my F250 that have been on there for over 20 years and they haven't failed. When I installed those the ride quality was as different as day and night. They are not all that cheap though. Around $400 + shipping.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts