Cummins 4BT & Diesel Conversions Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Uploaded a couple videos on youtube if anyone is interested. Can be found under Tony Churner. Once I figure it out a slideshow to follow

·
Registered
422 Posts
Chasing down the right bend of hose and size is not easy and if it ever fails it might be hard to find again... Build looks great.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thank! I am making some progress tonight and I will attempt to document it so that if it does fail I will be able to replace it. But you are right it has been a bit of a task.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks guys for all the help/advice! Lower radiator hose is done coolant is in :) fuel shut off solenoid connected properly now. Today I need to attach my cable to the throttle pedal and hopefully take it for a ride. I was able to get a friend of mine to make a couple of adapters, one is two and a quarter down to 2™ and the other 2-in down to 1.75 and then the final one to an inch and a half. They were all 4-in adapters out of exhaust pipe. So apparently now I need to have the computer reprogrammed to have the electric fans come on prior to the original 230° setting or whatever it is. I've already talked to a local shop who can take off the dash lights using his computer, so hopefully he can adjust the temperature setting for the fans also.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I'm curious about the exhaust adapters. I think anything smaller than 3" will restrict a 4BT.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So far, just idling for several minutes plus driving it for roughly about 5 mi now it seems fine. But time will tell. I would probably do a few things differently in hindsight but I'm really satisfied with the outcome.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Update, just as few odds and ends left but it is now drivable. I'll probably be fine tuning and upgrading for years to come 😁. I have driven it around town, to the alignment and exhaust shops. It's great, very happy with the 4bt/NV4500 setup.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Nice build. I went the VW TDI in my 08 JKU and its been fantastic and 29 MPG.
I'm interested in how you made out with reprograming the JK ECU to get rid of dash lights? I need to find someone to do that to my 08 Dakota ECU with the Cummins ISB170.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Those two projects of yours sound really awesome. I'll keep you posted my hope is to get it to the shop this week sometime and have my computer flashed.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks. The Dakota has towed our littel 5th wheel all over North America for the last 7 years even with a few dash lights on. :)

21 - 32 of 32 Posts